A91 replica spoiler

Okvilln

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Toyota Supra | 20' Audi S5 SB | 11' R8
I have been following this thread since it was posted. Style and fitment look good but I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies about service nor quality control.
Sponsored

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
I have been following this thread since it was posted. Style and fitment look good but I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies about service nor quality control.
You have the correct feeling. they have had difficulties getting the first 25 out with very little update to the purchasers. Dealy was supposedly due to their tight quality control, yet a couple of us received spoilers with slight issues.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Fucking pissed, none of us are gonna feel special lol, now that the "new" A91 CF edition is coming out with a Carbon A91 wing, we'll all look like the guys with Civic SI/ Sports putting Type R wings on now. ??

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Fucking pissed, none of us are gonna feel special lol, now that the "new" A91 CF edition is coming out with a Carbon A91 wing, we'll all look like the guys with Civic SI/ Sports putting Type R wings on now. ??
there’s only 600 CFs available. We’ll be fine

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
Seems the issues are with the carbon fiber. I don’t anticipate any issues with the matte black that matches the skirts etc on the car that I ordered.
I'm not even able to place an order for a matte/gloss black at this point so I don't think carbon fiber alone is the issue here.
My communications with Automodz went from "We're opening a second batch in a week" in the middle of April to radio silence now mid June and all the replica spoilers seem to be out of stock everywhere.

I'm pretty sure all these are being produced in China but these huge delays to get a spoiler seem ridiculous.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I purchased my rexspeed v4 spoiler but i can't seem to get it to sit right. If the edges touch the center is lifted, if I push down on the center the edges lifts up.

Did you all have this same issue? How are you applying the double sided tape?

51249317607_4d3bfb2277_c.jpg

51251089785_a858227452_c.jpg

Drakov

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
My v4 does not flush on the driver side. I have double sided tape to just about the end of the spoiler. I was hoping the tape would hold it down but that was just wishful thinking. I'm going to be reinstalling the spoiler on my next day off to correct. I should have checked to see if it sat flush without the tape the first time.. I'll make adjustments this go around if it doesn't sit flush... I bought 3m VHB with the adhesion promotor which I hope works better.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
My v4 does not flush on the driver side. I have double sided tape to just about the end of the spoiler. I was hoping the tape would hold it down but that was just wishful thinking. I'm going to be reinstalling the spoiler on my next day off to correct. I should have checked to see if it sat flush without the tape the first time.. I'll make adjustments this go around if it doesn't sit flush... I bought 3m VHB with the adhesion promotor which I hope works better.
Yep same here. The finish was fairly good, though a few spots have a small white mark on them (others noted this issue as well). I too used 3M tape instead of the provided one as I didn't trust it. I can't get it 100% flushed which is kind of annoying! I may end up returning it. I'll play some more tomorrow and reach out to the vendor for a solution or something.

Andy

First Name
Andy D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4runner,Highlander,Toyota supra A91
No updates on automodz seems like they went M.I.A ... Last email I ask them was for tracking so i could have someone bring it inside if im not at home.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Welp, i've tried putting the tape in every possible configuration and moved the spoiler around my trunk, but I still can't get this Rexspeed v4 flushed at all. From a distance it looks fine, but when you are up close, you can tell that 50% of the double sided tape doesn't even make contact to the trunk. I can push down on it, but i'm too afraid to crack it. I've reach out to the vendor for a solution, still waiting on a response (most likely will end up return it).

I really don't want to spend $1,000+ on a "non-functional spoiler". The OEM a91 spoiler also required drilling which i'm trying to avoid; but I may just have to do it as it's the only style i like. Anyone else know of another company who makes a91 replica (preferably matte black no carbon)?

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
as far as I know, only 2 groups have put it up for sale so far. Automodz and Rexspeed.

Automodz can't be contacted and they have been trying to ship out the first 25 spoilers in the last couple months. Consensus is that Fitment has been great, but QC and CS is suspect

Rexspeed is often hit or miss across all their spoiler products it seems. Might try exchanging and see if the replacement is a better fit

Drakov

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Welp, i've tried putting the tape in every possible configuration and moved the spoiler around my trunk, but I still can't get this Rexspeed v4 flushed at all. From a distance it looks fine, but when you are up close, you can tell that 50% of the double sided tape doesn't even make contact to the trunk. I can push down on it, but i'm too afraid to crack it. I've reach out to the vendor for a solution, still waiting on a response (most likely will end up return it).

I really don't want to spend $1,000+ on a "non-functional spoiler". The OEM a91 spoiler also required drilling which i'm trying to avoid; but I may just have to do it as it's the only style i like. Anyone else know of another company who makes a91 replica (preferably matte black no carbon)?
I gave up on the one I had as well. It just wouldn't fit right and as you said it looks good from afar but I'm always looking at the gap when I get close. I've emailed the vendor if they would swap it out. It's a shame that the factory one isn't carbon fiber or I'd trade the forum member that wants to trade hatches.

Drakov

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
The OEM description doesn't mention anything about being c/f anymore and no mention of drilling...sadly this is the cheapest I was able to find from a dealer.

1624242480520.png

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
The OEM description doesn't mention anything about being c/f anymore and no mention of drilling...sadly this is the cheapest I was able to find from a dealer.

1624242480520.png
I was looking at that as well. It does say under an hour to install too. I may order it, but I have a feeling it'll still need drilling.
Sponsored