Accidentally cracked connector

JAWTB

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
Greetings all, while trying to install my new Armaspeed intake and following the video instructions I cracked this plastic clip, which I believe is the crank case breather tube. It’s still connected but the rigid area that was supposed to be squeezed to depress the fitting cracked, however the fitting is still connected. The green circle is where the fitting cracked. I guess my question is how serious is this piece being cracked.

IMG_4242.jpeg
Sponsored

niso_iso

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I did the exact same thing lol, i have a spare hose for this exact problem.

This is the spare part if you want to replace it on your own -

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem...tion=engine_fuel_tool/ventilation_hose,,12261

It is an absolute nightmare to replace this given the amount of space you have to work with.
I don't think it's going anywhere tbh if your clip is broken but your hose is still pretty firmly connected but I could be wrong.

GL

OP
OP
JAWTB

JAWTB

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
I did the exact same thing lol, i have a spare hose for this exact problem.

This is the spare part if you want to replace it on your own -

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~hose~ventilation~12261-waa03.html?vin=&make=Toyota&model=GR Supra&year=2021&submodel=&extra1=&extra2=&filter=(1=B58;0=DB43L-ZRLA)&location=engine_fuel_tool/ventilation_hose,,12261

It is an absolute nightmare to replace this given the amount of space you have to work with.
I don't think it's going anywhere tbh if your clip is broken but your hose is still pretty firmly connected but I could be wrong.

GL
Thanks, I still was not able to get the damn connector off, which I need to so I can continue installing the intake I’m just afraid I’m gonna ef it up further haha.

niso_iso

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Thanks, I still was not able to get the damn connector off, which I need to so I can continue installing the intake I’m just afraid I’m gonna ef it up further haha.
For me, it felt like the o-ring around the hose end where you attach the vent hose to the intake pipe gave me some trouble, probably a lot of friction? I ended up going full ape mode and pulling it off (in a lateral motion)

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I always recommend using a vise grip to remove the clip. I've removed it multiple times and it comes out like a charm. Obviously don't go ham and fully crush it. I just add enough grip that it squeezes the tab

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Just use a small, black, pink, green, purple, yellow, red, orange, lavender, burnt sienna zip tie to secure it. Whatever color you’re feeling at the time. No biggie.

Last edited:

jb_mkv

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
FWIW, mine's been cracked ever since I installed my intake around October last year and I've had zero issues. I do have a replacement tube just in case.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
You know this issue of cracked connectors is across many brands these days. Don't know when it started but in the colder weather later connectors are quite brittle and great care needs to be taken with them. In the warmer weather it's not such an issue but at anything below 10 or so degrees C all these things are a pain to use.

Phil