Intake Breather Hose install help?

One_Supra_1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Hello all,

When installing my MST intake awhile back, like many others, I snapped off a good chunk of the intake breather hose clip. For now its zip-tied down to the connection on the turbo inlet, but im planning on upgrading my charge pipe soon so it’s definitely gonna get broken clean off the next time I pop it off.

I already bought the replacement part for it and its on its way, but are there any videos or guides that show how to exactly install it? Id hate to tear the whole intake out, break the hose, all to only find out I cant figure out how to replace it. Any help/guidance is appreciated.

28DE676E-3128-44BB-AA2C-29FE5D85BBD5.jpeg
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
The clips aren’t meant to be pried off. You need to squeeze them with decent pressure. It’s a pain but you just need to keep squeezing and twisting until it pops off.

-RJM

OP
OP

One_Supra_1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The clips aren’t meant to be pried off. You need to squeeze them with decent pressure. It’s a pain but you just need to keep squeezing and twisting until it pops off.

-RJM
Yeah I figured that out before attempting to remove it the first time. I had to squeeze the sides of the clip to the point where it snapped in half, but still remained connected and salvageable.

OP
OP

One_Supra_1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yup. That video shows it.

Taking the intake off isn't hard, I've had to do it a dozen times. Getting in there to remove the breather hose is a bit of a pain in the ass, may I ask.. What's wrong with the ziptie? It is just a breather hose.
I agree, the process is very simple, but that breather hose was a headache for me to take out. Nothing is wrong with the ziptie, but when I have to remove the breather hose again to take out the turbo inlet, I do not think I will be able to do so without breaking the rest of the hose altogether. Id rather be safe than sorry lol

OP
OP

One_Supra_1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

This video tells you how you should be taking that hose off.
Sorry I think my question may have been a little confusing. Im trying to replace that entire hose altogether, not just unclip it again. I came very close to breaking the hose off completely the first time I had to remove it and its barely held on as it sits now.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core