Crankcase breather hose. Help me identify.

D-VO

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra (a91) Tungsten
Hello! Fellow B58 owner here just looking for answers if anyone has any info here. My M240i had some serious PCV issues recently, resulting in a new valve cover, plugs, and fuel injector gaskets. Crankcase pressure got to 93mBAR when normal is measured at 20-50.

I noticed the OG B58 from my M240i has this breather valve on top of the valve cover:

1619059165006.jpeg

But the TU Toyota uses instead has the hose that broke for OP. It does not have the breather valve according to this screen grab from the YouTube teardown.

D31DE4BD-F7CC-4369-B00F-401F9A8A86E5.jpeg

Does anyone have any other info on how the Toyota system works? I’d like to try to prevent another failure, as the original failure was at a mere 52,000 miles.
Dang...Almost 3 years later and no reply. I'm having the same issue now. 😕 Driving the car like a Corolla is fine, but if I get on it for a bit it'll start smoking blue from the exhaust.
Sponsored

mkv_ppf

First Name
Bar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Dang...Almost 3 years later and no reply. I'm having the same issue now. 😕 Driving the car like a Corolla is fine, but if I get on it for a bit it'll start smoking blue from the exhaust.
Found an answer?

D-VO

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra (a91) Tungsten
Found an answer?
I'm asking everyone I can think of. The only answer I can find is the same as the OP. Crank breather valve opens under boost, but I'm unclear as to what direction.

Dealer can't figure out why my car smokes because they can't reproduce it. Neither can I. I spoke with a tech from Titan and a sales person from Verus who both said 'these cars just do that over time, especially when they're modded' and that a breather or an AoS should help. I'm gonna try a couple more dealers and BMW techs before I just get an AoS.

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Well I've got a breather on it and havent any issues. It is only pulling a vacuum. This is a temporary setup for now

20200203_181533.jpg
Any issues or update with this? Broke mine and thinking of doing this.
Sponsored