Crankshaft position sensor connector

mkvB58KING

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm trying to finish installing Reflex, but I can't get the connector off of the crank position sensor. I can get my hand on it, but I can't seem to figure out how to free the connector. Does anyone have any guidance or better yet, a closer image of what the connector looks like? Image for reference. Many thanks.

cra.JPG
Sponsored

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
I'm trying to finish installing Reflex, but I can't get the connector off of the crank position sensor. I can get my hand on it, but I can't seem to figure out how to free the connector. Does anyone have any guidance or better yet, a closer image of what the connector looks like? Image for reference. Many thanks.

cra.JPG
The methodology for disconnecting all the various electrical plugs and connectors is shown/listed in the shop manual under "general information".

Phil

OP
OP
mkvB58KING

mkvB58KING

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Found it, thanks! It seems to be this connector, I wonder if it's possible to release it with just one hand? It's super tight in there and hard to navigate blind.

conn.JPG

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Found it, thanks! It seems to be this connector, I wonder if it's possible to release it with just one hand? It's super tight in there and hard to navigate blind.

conn.JPG
Sometimes if you can push the release latch you can use a long smaller flat bladed screwdriver to push on CAREFULLY on a projection or edge of the removeable half of the connector. Breaking the connector in this type of installation is a disaster so care is required.

Phil

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
It's the same as every other sensor clip on the car. Pull the clear/white/gray tab back, then squeeze. You can 100% release it with one hand. If it's really on there (plastic + heat + cooling + whatever) just slide a pick down there and free it with that.

Rolos

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Did you have issues putting the new crank sensor plug for the reflex? Mine for some reason won't go in all the way to lock in place...

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I did this by hand. Shouldn’t be too difficult
Sponsored