Wiper position - am I crazy?

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Sounds like the answer is to remove the wipers yourself before getting the windshield replaced.
Sponsored

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Sounds like the answer is to remove the wipers yourself before getting the windshield replaced.
Yup, and mark them and the stud with a paint maker before removal.

OP
OP
mr_sparkle6666

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
It has been
I just had my windshield replaced on my 2022 3.0 and I'm having the exact same issue you were having. My wiper looks just like your photo. So, instead of driving back to safelite this seem like an easy fix. I haven't gone out to check things out yet, but from what I'm reading, I have to look where the wiper arm attaches to the post of the wiper motor, there will be a cap that I pull off (I'll see a 16mm nut) that I don't have to remove and then I'll also see a button that I depress to freely move the wiper arm to it's proper location? Do I have that right?
Itā€™s been a minute but rereading my post I believe you want to expose the 16mm nut and loosen it (but donā€™t remove it). Then press down on the wiper blade between the blade portion and the arm portion, where they come together and are held together with a spring. Push and ā€œbendā€ the wiper blade there and it should move freely (and independent of the other wiper). Move it to where you want it and the release the pressure and tighten the 16mm nut and replace the cap

TMC1313

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
It has been

Itā€™s been a minute but rereading my post I believe you want to expose the 16mm nut and loosen it (but donā€™t remove it). Then press down on the wiper blade between the blade portion and the arm portion, where they come together and are held together with a spring. Push and ā€œbendā€ the wiper blade there and it should move freely (and independent of the other wiper). Move it to where you want it and the release the pressure and tighten the 16mm nut and replace the cap
I guess I'm an idiot and will have to take a ride back to safelite. I can't figure it out.

OP
OP
mr_sparkle6666

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
I guess I'm an idiot and will have to take a ride back to safelite. I can't figure it out.
IMG_5106.jpeg

zoom in and see where I circled in green. Loosen the 16mm nut and press the wiper down at this point - you can see there are two pieces that make up the wiper arm. Pressing down here releases the wiper arm from the bolt and allows it to rotate freely. Move the wiper into the correct position and then release the wiper arm. This will allow the spring to pull the pieces back together and grab back onto the bolt. Tighten the 16mm nut and replace the cap

good luck
Sponsored