Adding vents to stock hood

skrimshaw90

First Name
bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Ive decided to buy another used hood and cup it up for venting. I was going to get a carbon hood, but ive owned a ton and the fitment is always crap. Instead, i am going to get the verus hood vent. Curious if anyone else has any feedback or know of other products available to allow some air to escape the engine bay.
Sponsored

OP
OP

skrimshaw90

First Name
bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Its a dedicated time attack car. Im still thinking about getting a seibon hood or maybe the aero republic. Thoughts? Or should i get a used oem hood and install the verus vents.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I don't think there have been any specific tests that show one product or vents are better than others - yet.

Mine is track car and I have not decided on anything yet. Have not gotten to where the temps have sucked any power yet although I am betting VA summers I will see the need.

I have dragged feet also because the track Zupra does not get garage space and I have not been able to figure out what would be getting rained on by sitting for week or so at time.

OP
OP

skrimshaw90

First Name
bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
It will need all the help it can get over the summer. Plus, vents added in the right location also provide free downforce.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Any word on this? I’m thinking of either adding a vent to the stock hood or replacing with an aftermarket hood and painting it to match (if I find a shop that can do it)

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Any word on this? I’m thinking of either adding a vent to the stock hood or replacing with an aftermarket hood and painting it to match (if I find a shop that can do it)
I just ordered the Verus Hood Vent last week, and there's a shop close to us that is doing the install. Shop is owned by the same folks as IND, they'll do a good job.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I just ordered the Verus Hood Vent last week, and there's a shop close to us that is doing the install. Shop is owned by the same folks as IND, they'll do a good job.
edit: what happens if it rains on the car?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
edit: what happens if it rains on the car?
It gets wet in there. Water can already get in from the front. All electrical connections on the car are waterproof from the factory. Any air intake separate from open-cone is typically fine too and shouldn't flood/hydro-lock you.

I also don't take the car out when it rains :p.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Have one sitting in my office, just waiting for the install appointment.
Sponsored