Advise needed…

Jambo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr supra 2020.
Took my 2020 supra in to main dealer for a brake fluid change yesterday as they didn’t have the right stuff from my 4th yearly service in June, and told yet again after dropping the car off that they don’t have the right fluid! Every time I take the car in it seems like it take 2-3 trips to get resolved.

The car was also taken in as it has a clicking noise coming from the drivers side front wheel when turning left, getting information from the yanks on this forum, I discovered a bmw fault sheet with the same issue for BMWs, I sent this to the service department to try evaluate this, and even contact Toyota uk. So, I went to collect the car today and was told to ‘let it Develop’ then the service guy told me he used to work for bmw and M4s had the same problem…

has anyone else encounted this shithousery
Sponsored

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
I only picked mine up from the dealer on Monday, but had a conversation around servicing and maintenence.
The verbatim was to be careful which dealerships you take them to as very few in the UK will have the proper skill set and training on the BMW technology in use.

Where are you currently taking yours?

OP
OP
Jambo

Jambo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr supra 2020.
I’m was taking mine to Howard’s Toyota Weston super mare, (not anymore) will be going to Taunton from now on. (Somerset) I’m fully aware of all the threads on here about this, was hoping someone in the uk had a Similar issue and has been resolved.
I’ve got a 19 plate, so really, I’m a Guinea pig as stuff is starting to go wrong after more than 3 years ownership.

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Taunton isn't that from me - that's a bonus.

I got the Supra and LC from Hedge End, so not having to take both all the way there for servcing is a plus!

What sort of mileage are you at?

OP
OP
Jambo

Jambo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr supra 2020.
14k at the moment. Only mod is a gruppe m intake. Been through 2 sets of tires, front and back.
I’d like to advise you when you take in for its first service, ask the service department if they have all the materials to complete the job. Like I said above, every time has been two journeys to complete a service or brake pad etc

Crimzon_Skyz

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra 3.0 Pro
I’m was taking mine to Howard’s Toyota Weston super mare, (not anymore) will be going to Taunton from now on. (Somerset) I’m fully aware of all the threads on here about this, was hoping someone in the uk had a Similar issue and has been resolved.
I’ve got a 19 plate, so really, I’m a Guinea pig as stuff is starting to go wrong after more than 3 years ownership.
Im in the same boat as you! I had a great Master Tech at Listers Nuneaton who used to work for BMW but he left 6 months ago so the odd issues im having are going unresolved for now. I find it hard to get people who aren't going to fob you off!

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
I only picked mine up from the dealer on Monday, but had a conversation around servicing and maintenence.
The verbatim was to be careful which dealerships you take them to as very few in the UK will have the proper skill set and training on the BMW technology in use.

Where are you currently taking yours?
I know it's a trek for most, but after lots of research on this topic, RRG Macclesfield Toyota seems to be a reliable safe place - I brought mine there; ask for Chris.

OP
OP
Jambo

Jambo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr supra 2020.
Anyone successful in the thruxton track day?

djbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Pro
I've had (and am currently having) quite poor service from Macklin Motors Toyota in Darnley, Glasgow.

Sadly it's pretty much the norm in my experience for main dealers to be a bit rubbish. I've always had generally better service from independent garages.
Sponsored