Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Good thought.

Still intrigued by the single exit. Looks wise I wish there was something to cover up the other exhaust opening. AFE needs to let us hear some fly by's and see some pictures of it at different angles! BTW sorry if I am hijacking the thread. Certainly not my intention!
It’s ok. I agree. We need more angles and vids! And would also like to see something to cover up the exhaust opening
Sponsored

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
The MST intake is pretty loud especially with the stock exhaust
The mst is louder by a tad. Yes. I’ve heard both in person. But nothing dramatic. But mst gets hot. Regardless of it having box. The housing material is basically a metal like material. And uses factory inlet for the turbo as well almost like a short ram type. Afe and others are a one piece for better flow

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
The mst is louder by a tad. Yes. I’ve heard both in person. But nothing dramatic. But mst gets hot. Regardless of it having box. The housing material is basically a metal like material. And uses factory inlet for the turbo as well almost like a short ram type. Afe and others are a one piece for better flow
I was concerned about the heat from my MST so pre-ordered & recently recently the AFE intake, I will install it & a Versus heat shield when my catch can arrives

I can barely hear the MST intake since I installed my BL valved exhaust

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I was concerned about the heat from my MST so pre-ordered & recently recently the AFE intake, I will install it & a Versus heat shield when my catch can arrives

I can barely hear the MST intake since I installed my BL valved exhaust
You will need to drill new holes on the afe shield as I did to make it fit

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
Intake sound not noticeable on my car with/without the rubber plug. HKS exhaust drowns out any intake sound.

Interested whether people get better or worse performance with the plug. I put it on so I don't have an extra spare part to keep...

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Intake sound not noticeable on my car with/without the rubber plug. HKS exhaust drowns out any intake sound.

Interested whether people get better or worse performance with the plug. I put it on so I don't have an extra spare part to keep...
My exhaust does the same thing too. Too loud to hear any swooshssss/ppsshhhhhh noises lol. But my tuner recommended I keep the plug on as it might suck in too much heat since the turbo is pretty close (heat).

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Any aftermarket air intake system has to have several things going for it to be actually better than the oem; material of box cannot be conducitive of heat, i. e. Insulated, piping to turbo has to be smooth,unrestricted (no noise baffling),Inlet to air box has to have cold air access!, and last but not least,
Air filter has to actually flow more then stock oem filter material.

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
So no extra turbo whistle or pshhhh?
UPDATE: I swapped out the the filter to a PRO 5R (blue) and the intake does sound a little better. Maybe due to the fact that it’s a 7% higher flow over the dry S (grey) filter
Sponsored