Alarm sporadically kicks off...

Fitch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
Owned my 2019 for a few months now and its the second time the alarm has decided to kick off in the early hours (in the depths of the night at 3.30ish).

There didn't seem to be anything at fault with the car at all (no windows open or doors ajar and no intervention as cameras show noone about).

Is there any common things to be aware of with the mKV alarm system and what cod be triggering it?
Sponsored

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
Owned my 2019 for a few months now and its the second time the alarm has decided to kick off in the early hours (in the depths of the night at 3.30ish).

There didn't seem to be anything at fault with the car at all (no windows open or doors ajar and no intervention as cameras show noone about).

Is there any common things to be aware of with the mKV alarm system and what cod be triggering it?
Do you leave an OBD2 scanner plugged in? An active connection while the car is locked does trigger the alarm.

OP
OP
Fitch

Fitch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
I was aware of that issue when researching - no I don't have one in there. Its only done it twice but would love to know what would be the likely culprit/trigger so I can experiment. Hate alarms!

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
I've left an OBD scanner in the car and it never triggered an alarm.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
I've left an OBD scanner in the car and it never triggered an alarm.
Active connection being the key point. Different apps run connections differently. My bimmerlink has triggered the alarm many times when I forgot to disconnect.

Reactions: zrk

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Iā€™ve not heard any reports of the alarm on these cars being particularly problematic or prone to false activation. Never actually heard mineā€¦no idea what it even sounds like TBH.

Is it possible that the car is behaving as designed and something is actually triggering the alarm? Seems more likely.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
BimmerCode actually has a setting where you can turn off the OBD port recognition. Thinking this would alleviate any alarms due to active connections.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
But then the port can't be used at all. Right?
Sorry, recognition was the wrong word. I meant that I believe it wonā€™t ā€œcheckā€ for an active connection after you shut the car off. I canā€™t remember how the option is worded exactly but I believe itā€™s something along those lines. Itā€™s under whatever module mentions the acoustical lock.
Sponsored