AMS large core intake manifold.

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
Jackie Ding's new video shows off and goes indepth with AMS' prototype cast aluminum intake manifold. Features a significantly larger intercooler core, larger inlets, and is also pre setup for their port fuel/meth injection rail and ports for a standalone ecu! Really cleans up the B58's look over the plastic finned one too. AMS states that it should release later this year!

Sponsored

First Name
Eric Lerner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, BMW M550I,X3
This is cool. why is the bottom side of the intake blurred out in the video? @4:02.

also wouldnt making the whole thing out of aluminumm be more advantageous in terms of heat and weight? (instead of cast pieces)

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
This is cool. why is the bottom side of the intake blurred out in the video? @4:02.

also wouldnt making the whole thing out of aluminumm be more advantageous in terms of heat and weight? (instead of cast pieces)
How do you mean? Cast aluminum is aluminum.

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
Holy cow, what a work of art!!!

I think what @VeilsideHunter was asking is why it wasn't made of sheet aluminum instead of cast. I presume it's because with cast, you can have smoother contours to create equal cylinder air fill across the board.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
This is amazing and I'm sure pricey. Can't wait to see the release. Also they are alluding to stand alones coming to market.....exciting stuff.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Can't wait. What do you think this would cost?

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
shows that it's a piggyback that designed to control the additional add-ons like port injection, meth/nitrous. I would guess you would still need to flash the stock ECU since it will remain in place to control the factory injectors and maps.
Motec is a full blown standalone unit. What that company is offering is a plug and play harness that will control a few things out of the box like nitrous and pi with little effort however it is capable of much much more.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Motec is a full blown standalone unit. What that company is offering is a plug and play harness that will control a few things out of the box like nitrous and pi with little effort however it is capable of much much more.
was a little confusing to me that is says it works along the stock ECU. Almost sounds as its only controlling the additional port injectors and not the factory direct injectors? I am interested to see how it's going to work out. As it stands buying the parts for Flex fuel, Reflex controller for P/I and an Ecutek kit it gets expensive. It would be nice to see if this is an all in one solution.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Exactly. For example - I'm using a fueltech standalone that is controlling just pi so it is working in conjunction with ecutek. Overkill for what it is however I can expand with additional sensors and controllers to handle as much or as little as I'd like.
Would be extremely involved but A91 users would need to have motec control everything and essentially rip out the factory ecu.

serialbooper

First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
bringing this thread back, i chatted with ams today about what's up with the release of the prototype manifold. was given a very suspicious response, soooo maybe we might see another intake manifold option on the market very soon.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
bringing this thread back, i chatted with ams today about what's up with the release of the prototype manifold. was given a very suspicious response, soooo maybe we might see another intake manifold option on the market very soon.
:thumbsup:

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
What method of contact was used to chat? I find their FB chat to always be extremely vague and unknowledgable.
Sponsored