Anti-theft and car alarm sensitivity?

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Does anyone know how good / sensitive the Supra’s anti-theft system is?
Will the alarm go off if someone tries to open the door, smash a window, or possibly even get too close to it?
Sponsored

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Only thing I can answer is these cars definitely don't have proximity sensor alarms. And please don't install one of those cause that shit is annoying.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Indeed, no proximity sensor. But you can try a simple test and see what you think. Roll a window down, lock the car, and stick an arm through the open window. Be sure to have your key ready to unlock the car.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
its pretty sensitive. I started up my S2k that has a louder exhaust next to my parked Supra and the alarm went off.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I kicked the tire on my car once and just that set off the alarm. I asked once here if anyone knew if there was a sensitivity adjustment somewhere but got no response.

There is a interior motion sensor alarm and that too is pretty dang sensitive. I've put my arm in the window and the car chirped near immediately.

There is a way to lock the car but disable the shock sensor. I believe it's two button clicks on the key fob within a few seconds of each other. I've never been able to get the sequence right though. I really need to figure this out though because I park in parking garages once in a while and the shaking floors in those places will definitely set off the car alarm.

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
If you want to switch off the tilt sensor and the interior motion sensor just press lock button on the remote within 10 seconds after the car is locked.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
If you want to switch off the tilt sensor and the interior motion sensor just press lock button on the remote within 10 seconds after the car is locked.
So does that mean everysingle time i lock my car and do a doubleclick i'm disabling sensors? I'm just so used to all my previous cars honking when i doubleclick the lock button i just tend to do the same here.

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Probably. Should be easy to check.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I know HOW it’s supposed to work, it’s never worked for me like I said. When you get the sequence right, the red light under the rear view mirror is supposed to flash at a different rate than the normal lock mode. I’ve yet to get the correct flash. Have you?

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have not paid any attention to the light but have been able to disable the tilt function by doing as described.
Sponsored