Anyone daily drive with a Stage 2 Tranny?

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
Hey Guys,
When I say daily, I mean driven weeklyish but not just highway cruising... put about 6K miles on it last year. I've just broken mine in and I'm looking for some advice on xHP settings from those running a stage 2 tranny. I've always just ran the xHP stage 3 default settings. I've watched a few videos, but none that discuss built transmissions. I know the other mods (power levels) will influence settings, just trying to understand what settings I should be paying attention to.
About to start re-reading through xHP's website, there's tons of info there. I just haven't checked it since May of last year.

any insights are appreciated.

thanks
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I have a built trans from Applied Torque Solutions. It's their 1200/1000 package.

After about 3000mi of trans adaptation time, it pretty much shifts just like stock. The 4/5 and 5/6 shifts are a little more punchy than OEM, but there's significantly more clutch material on these gears.

I don't do anything differently with XHP on the built trans. I kept the same settings and have been running XHP Stage 3 since the month XHP dropped for the Supra.

OP
OP
OldHead-MKV-Owner

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
I have a built trans from Applied Torque Solutions. It's their 1200/1000 package.

After about 3000mi of trans adaptation time, it pretty much shifts just like stock. The 4/5 and 5/6 shifts are a little more punchy than OEM, but there's significantly more clutch material on these gears.

I don't do anything differently with XHP on the built trans. I kept the same settings and have been running XHP Stage 3 since the month XHP dropped for the Supra.
Thanks.
This is pures, so the same reported numbers. How long was your break-in period? I went to back to the stock xhp map per pure for 500miles. About to put it back to stage 3.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ran OEM trans tune for 200mi of street driving per recommendation of my builder. Full send after that.

WhiteNissan300zx

First Name
SC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 300zx Twin Turbo, 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0

How much does ATS cost for their transmissions builds? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How much does ATS cost for their transmissions builds? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.
It depends, but stage 2 (1200/1000) is $6800 incl. about $500 of residential freight shipping both ways. You can DM them on Instagram for current pricing.
Sponsored