Anyone familiar with Zycoat/Zycor/Zybar?

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Buddy of mine had this on his mustang.
it for sure reduced engine bay temperatures and only cost about $300ish total. Even if the temperature reduction isn’t 40% like they claim but just 10%, that’s still a good price for effect ratio.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Buddy of mine had this on his mustang.
it for sure reduced engine bay temperatures and only cost about $300ish total. Even if the temperature reduction isn’t 40% like they claim but just 10%, that’s still a good price for effect ratio.
I wonder if the reflective Zycor on the exterior of a MST intake would help. Kinda surprised no one has done this?

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I wonder if the reflective Zycor on the exterior of a MST intake would help. Kinda surprised no one has done this?
I haven’t had the need to look into it as I Havnt had any dangerous amount of heat

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
ZyCor is just high-temp spraypaint, and it confers no thermal benefits.

ZyBar is an active coating, probably some sort of ceramic, and should only be applied to turbo hotside materials. You could use ZyBar on the hotside of the turbo, downpipe, or turbo flange to the engine block.

You could "wrap" the intake box in reflect-a-gold for modest IAT benefits, but the best solution is to simply get more cold air into the airbox with a snorkel and/or better a2w intercooling with an upgraded intake manifold.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
ZyCor is just high-temp spraypaint, and it confers no thermal benefits.

ZyBar is an active coating, probably some sort of ceramic, and should only be applied to turbo hotside materials. You could use ZyBar on the hotside of the turbo, downpipe, or turbo flange to the engine block.

You could "wrap" the intake box in reflect-a-gold for modest IAT benefits, but the best solution is to simply get more cold air into the airbox with a snorkel and/or better a2w intercooling with an upgraded intake manifold.
When you say reflect-a-gold you're talking about the shiny gold heat tape, right?