Anyone have the Blitz strut bar and port injection?

dv_platinum

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
So, I am wondering if anyone has run into the situation I have. I just recently put EOS port injection on my 2020 Supra and I have the AMS charge pipe. When I went to reinstall the Blitz bar, it is touching the charge pipe coupler since things moved around a bit with PI. I have the bar loosely in place at the moment and it will fit back on while pushing the coupler in about a 1/4 inch. I'm worried about vibrations/engine movement rubbing a hole into the charge pipe coupler so I had some rubber garage door sealer laying around that's pretty thick and I'm going to put that between the bar and the couplet to monitor rubbing. I was just surprised to see that these 2 things clash. I guess the Cusco bar from pics I've seen clears it with port injection. Anyone else run into this?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
So, I am wondering if anyone has run into the situation I have. I just recently put EOS port injection on my 2020 Supra and I have the AMS charge pipe. When I went to reinstall the Blitz bar, it is touching the charge pipe coupler since things moved around a bit with PI. I have the bar loosely in place at the moment and it will fit back on while pushing the coupler in about a 1/4 inch. I'm worried about vibrations/engine movement rubbing a hole into the charge pipe coupler so I had some rubber garage door sealer laying around that's pretty thick and I'm going to put that between the bar and the couplet to monitor rubbing. I was just surprised to see that these 2 things clash. I guess the Cusco bar from pics I've seen clears it with port injection. Anyone else run into this?
Put spacers between the bar and the cross beam it bolts to.

OP
OP
dv_platinum

dv_platinum

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So here's the final product. Still not super happy with the outcome. 5 washers and the crush washer to lift it and it's still barely touching the charge pipe coupler. Might put a piece a rubber between them to make sure my coupler doesn't get a hole ribbed in it. How many washers did you use? Also I have the port injection engine cover lean going on for now lol

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Why not take the engine cover off?

OP
OP
dv_platinum

dv_platinum

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's why I'm gonna put this rubber piece of garage door flap between the coupler and bolt and see how bad that rubs without having to worry about damaging the coupler. I'm just wondering how other got this to rise without it touching at all.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
That's why I'm gonna put this rubber piece of garage door flap between the coupler and bolt and see how bad that rubs without having to worry about damaging the coupler. I'm just wondering how other got this to rise without it touching at all.
Can you put more washers in with a longer bolt to raise it more or will your hood hit?