Anyone install a Vargas GC or GC+ Turbo ?

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
We sold over 160 Vargas Supra kits, I did a quick search, and I was not able to find any warranty request on them.

We sold over 100 Pure turbo Supra kits, and no warranty request was found.

I can do a deeper search for a warranty request, I might find 1 or 2 missed by my quick search, but even at this rate, it clearly shows both kits are reliable.
Thats pretty good. Id say the GCs are holding up a bit better but pures have been real rough the last 6 months to a year. Im suprised you havent seen any warranty issues with either.

Since you sell so many more what would be your honest opinion? Ive been pushing people more towards the GC as its much cheaper (also i dont sell GCs) I'll make sure I send people your way for them.
Sponsored

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Is it really that bad? Not considering any of their kit as I'm not in the market for a turbo upgrade, but I've always read about the poor quality of their parts and the at times not great support.

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
Is it really that bad? Not considering any of their kit as I'm not in the market for a turbo upgrade, but I've always read about the poor quality of their parts and the at times not great support.
It’s probably worse than you can think

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Thats pretty good. Id say the GCs are holding up a bit better but pures have been real rough the last 6 months to a year. Im suprised you havent seen any warranty issues with either.

Since you sell so many more what would be your honest opinion? Ive been pushing people more towards the GC as its much cheaper (also i dont sell GCs) I'll make sure I send people your way for them.
Thank you!!

I stay away from giving my opinion, sometimes it gets me in trouble with manufacturers :rolleyes:
I like going with data and previous orders, they can't get mad at me for sharing data.

Im surprised to hear you are having so many issues with Pure, I wonder if it was a bad batch.

Im also interested in how they handled the warranty requests

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Thank you!!

I stay away from giving my opinion, sometimes it gets me in trouble with manufacturers :rolleyes:
I like going with data and previous orders, they can't get mad at me for sharing data.

Im surprised to hear you are having so many issues with Pure, I wonder if it was a bad batch.

Im also interested in how they handled the warranty requests
Pure has a great warranty program. I know when my personal one failed they repaired it with very little questions and shipped it back out. The others I know of had the same experience. They definitely stand behind their warranty.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Pure has a great warranty program. I know when my personal one failed they repaired it with very little questions and shipped it back out. The others I know of had the same experience. They definitely stand behind their warranty.
That has been my experience with them as well.
It is still surprising you have had that many failures with their kits.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
I was always under the impression Pure800 was our go to turbo and Vargas was the plague. Now, both are junk, but Jesse is suggesting GC over Pure. Pure must have really dropped the ball or Vargas started caring about quality...

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 BMW 335i
I was always under the impression Pure800 was our go to turbo and Vargas was the plague. Now, both are junk, but Jesse is suggesting GC over Pure. Pure must have really dropped the ball or Vargas started caring about quality...
No competent person would ever flat out suggest Vargas over Pure.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
My experience with Pure has been entirely different from Jesse's without getting into a Pure vs. Vargas argument.

Based on my experience, Pure is one of the market's most reliable and high-quality turbo kits. They also stand 100% behind their products, ghosted if you encounter a problem.

I would not call either one of these kits junk, per my numbers they are both reliable.

MKIV2A90

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, 340i, s2000 ap1
Anyone install a Vargas GC or GC+ Turbo , I just want a mid- turbo upgrades nothing crazy
500whp-550whp , and pure prices and lead time are up , so i was wondring anyone have vtt gc vargas turbo in their supra?
I have a GC in my 340i for over a year. Run a custom e30 tune. It’s faster than a M5 Comp, which I raced multiple times . I’ve been very happy with mine. I heard some concerns about using a Vargas in the past, however I’ve also heard their GC line has been solid.
Sponsored