Anyone regret installing lowering springs?

Erty

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Installed the US-spec Eibach Pro Kit myself because I wanted a more aggressive drop. After the first initial drive (about 30min) I heard some noises coming from the driver's side wheel well. Went home that same day and retighten everything. After that I've never had any more issues, no more weird noises.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Eibach Z4 springs are excellent on the street - slightly stiffer than stock and retain much of the OEM ride comfort, reduced wheel gap, while not be so low that you scrap everywhere. Handling precision and responsiveness is slightly increased over stock. They are not too soft for the street or spirited driving on the OE dampers. I liken these springs to something that GR/TRD could have offered as an OEM+ upgrade.

I love the Z4 springs but I am transitioning to coilovers because I want to run aggressive track wheels that require more inboard clearance that coilovers offer. I don't regret getting Eibach Z4 springs - I just regret not coming to the conclusion at the time of my suspension shopping that I will be getting aggressive track wheels.
My man!!!!! I did the same 💩 😂 Now I’m on Ohlins and lovin 🥰 it. My Eibach springs weren’t made for repeated high speed compression like that. Sebring is a beast of a track. They kept dropping & I was scraping everywhere. For the street, they looked great and would have been fine.

Now I’m on Ohlins, SPL parts (everything but the bushings - still in the box until OEM is trash), and sway bars. Doing Sebring all day today (literally - open track) and this weekend. Like you, no regrets. It was a great learning experience coming from lighter track cars (S2K and MX5). The Supra is heavier and faster. Waaaaayyyyyy faster 💨 Couple that with Maxxis Victra RC-1 tires, Hawk DTC 60 pad…. she needed it.

Welcome to the club y’all 🤙🏼 So glad some of you are using the free track day and more!!!

Illest1Five

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Supra MT 45th Anniversary, '06 Impreza STI
My man!!!!! I did the same 💩 😂 Now I’m on Ohlins and lovin 🥰 it. My Eibach springs weren’t made for repeated high speed compression like that. Sebring is a beast of a track. They kept dropping & I was scraping everywhere. For the street, they looked great and would have been fine.

Now I’m on Ohlins, SPL parts (everything but the bushings - still in the box until OEM is trash), and sway bars. Doing Sebring all day today (literally - open track) and this weekend. Like you, no regrets. It was a great learning experience coming from lighter track cars (S2K and MX5). The Supra is heavier and faster. Waaaaayyyyyy faster 💨 Couple that with Maxxis Victra RC-1 tires, Hawk DTC 60 pad…. she needed it.

Welcome to the club y’all 🤙🏼 So glad some of you are using the free track day and more!!!
Thank you! Similar to you, I've gone with Ohlins R/T. Plan on running them with camber plates (Verus plates if Evolution can manufacturer the spacers) and Eibach F/R sways - then off to get corner balanced. Still undecided on pads and track wheels specs - 18x10.5 squared, 18x11 squared, 18x10 18x11 staggered.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Thank you! Similar to you, I've gone with Ohlins R/T. Plan on running them with camber plates (Verus plates if Evolution can manufacturer the spacers) and Eibach F/R sways - then off to get corner balanced. Still undecided on pads and track wheels specs - 18x10.5 squared, 18x11 squared, 18x10 18x11 staggered.
Recently added brake ducts have made a difference this weekend. I still want to try CSG pads. Next on my to do list.

You’ll have more camber wiggle room with 275-18s as you know, more tire availability and save some coin. I’ve been happy so far. Bought a 2nd set of wheels and can rotate.

https://apexwheels.com/fitment-guides/toyota/supra/toyota-gr-supra-wheel-and-tire-fitment-guide
Sponsored