Anyone tried to get ECUTEK tune on A90 Supra in Oz?

Jediyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
Hi All

I've recently went to MRT Performance to get my MY20 A90 tuned for stage 1 using ECUTEK and was told that the ECU is now locked and cannot be accessed for the flash remap via OBD

MRT told me that ECU would have to be removed and sent to the UK for the remapping

I'm currently looking at getting Tunehouse in Marrickville to perform the ECU remap as they have mentioned they have flashed a number of A90 Supras

Wonder if they would have the same issue as MRT with locked ECU?
Sponsored

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
My plan was piggyback after 2,000km and ECU flash after Toyota warranty expires.

Not 100% sure what Stage 1 means, but guessing it is a stock tune based on other things I have seen on forums. It is probably worth looking at cheaper alternatives until you mod the car IMO.

Regarding locked ECU, I believe early 2020 models (first shipment) were unlocked like the LE in the US, but most are locked. ECU needs to be removed from car and bench flashed, but many tuners would not have the software/tools to do this in house. Good luck.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
you may have the locked ROM. to flash via obd2 on the locked ROMS you need to get the ECU unlocked via a bench flash.

Flashtuned

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F30
Yes most of the models 2020 onwards will need a bench unlock. That is something we can support here in Australia as we have the tools in house. Whether you're tuning through us or not we can either perform the unlock and patch or do both that and then add the required remap. Very much the same scenario with all the BMW B58s that were released from mid 2019 onwards
Sponsored