First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
Does this throw a CEL just for the instake? Also is this CA CARB legal?
No CEL. I highly doubt it's carb approved, it did not come with a sticker. You can always put the stock intake back for smog tests though, it literally takes like 25 minutes to switch it.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Anyone know is this filter is oiled or dry and how do you clean it? I know with my dry mopar filter i would put it in water and shake all the dirt out then let it air dry for a few days then reinstall. Not sure how to clea. These.
This filter is oiled. You pretty much clean it the same way except you oil it at the end.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
Yeah, just noticed that. My bad. I'll edit my post to avoid confusion. Thanks.

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
I have the mst intake and itā€™s super loud too , but also think your setup has a better overall top sealing and fitment . Is your car a 20 or 21 I noticed the 21ā€™s wiring look like it sits higher then the 20ā€™s causing the mst box not to sit as flush on the 21 vs the 20

AB72368F-E098-4DD2-A293-DD89AE4446E7.jpeg

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
That fitment though. I've never heard of this brand but I love the design of that box.

FastRice

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A 91 Supra, 2002 Acura NSX, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Just put mine on tonight and wow it truly does sound amazing!!! Especially in sport it gives a great burble to the exhaust and a little spit back after you get on it an get off it quick. The turbo sounds amazing now on boost and blowing out the wastegate.
Truly changes the car and looks really nice in the bay.

Arfiman

First Name
Arafaat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 1991 Acura NSX (previous), 2004 Honda S2000 (previous), EP3 Civic Type R (previous)
Hey everyone! So I recently installed the Arma Speed Alloy Type intake system and I wanted to make a review to give my honest thoughts and opinion on it.

In selecting an intake system I had a couple requirements. I wanted something that made a loud induction noise, so a fully enclosed box wasn't really an option. More importantly I wanted a system that replaced the complete intake pipe instead of just the top part. Finally, I'm not a fan of carbon in the engine bay so I was looking for something made of other materials.

To begin, the quality of construction and fitment of the intake is perfect, I couldn't be any happier. This particular model Arma Speed offers has the silicone inlet which is massive! In fact it's probably the largest intake pipe I've ever seen. The heat shield around the intake also creates a very tight seal minimizing the possibility of heat soak. An additional heat shield around the turbo could be added for summer track days, but. haven't noticed any problems on the streets.

The sound this thing makes is actually insane! The induction noise got amplified significantly and it's very noticeable from the low end all the way till redline. When letting off the throttle it also makes a loud turbo flutter sound and my favorite part is the turbo whistle that comes from the exhaust on deceleration. I believe this might be the loudest intake available for this car currently.

I haven't dyno tested the car before and after so I'm not going to hit you guys with the typical "it feels faster" line, but I've spoken to a third party shop who claimed 20whp gain on a stage 2 car without making any software changes. I'll try to find their dyno graph and post it in the comments section.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this intake system and I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone looking for something similar. If you are looking for maximum sound, this is the one to go with!

I made a sound compilation video which you guys can watch here:

EA4D6D65-F2DC-4256-A378-A9015FDD7D9C.JPG

IMG_7908.JPG

IMG_7910.JPG
Sounds gorgeous, thanks for the vid! What other performance mods are you running?

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
I have the mst intake and itā€™s super loud too , but also think your setup has a better overall top sealing and fitment . Is your car a 20 or 21 I noticed the 21ā€™s wiring look like it sits higher then the 20ā€™s causing the mst box not to sit as flush on the 21 vs the 20

AB72368F-E098-4DD2-A293-DD89AE4446E7.jpeg
Mine is a 2020. But to confirm I do have the 2021 strut braces and it fits perfectly.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Sounds gorgeous, thanks for the vid! What other performance mods are you running?
Thank you! I also have a catless downpipe and OPF delete (Itā€™s on EU cars). Other than that a stage 2 tune from MHD.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Just put mine on tonight and wow it truly does sound amazing!!! Especially in sport it gives a great burble to the exhaust and a little spit back after you get on it an get off it quick. The turbo sounds amazing now on boost and blowing out the wastegate.
Truly changes the car and looks really nice in the bay.
Iā€™m glad youā€™re enjoying yours too! I wanna make the turbo sound even louder so Iā€™m hoping there will be options for intake manifolds soon.

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Hey everyone! So I recently installed the Arma Speed Alloy Type intake system and I wanted to make a review to give my honest thoughts and opinion on it.

In selecting an intake system I had a couple requirements. I wanted something that made a loud induction noise, so a fully enclosed box wasn't really an option. More importantly I wanted a system that replaced the complete intake pipe instead of just the top part. Finally, I'm not a fan of carbon in the engine bay so I was looking for something made of other materials.

To begin, the quality of construction and fitment of the intake is perfect, I couldn't be any happier. This particular model Arma Speed offers has the silicone inlet which is massive! In fact it's probably the largest intake pipe I've ever seen. The heat shield around the intake also creates a very tight seal minimizing the possibility of heat soak. An additional heat shield around the turbo could be added for summer track days, but. haven't noticed any problems on the streets.

The sound this thing makes is actually insane! The induction noise got amplified significantly and it's very noticeable from the low end all the way till redline. When letting off the throttle it also makes a loud turbo flutter sound and my favorite part is the turbo whistle that comes from the exhaust on deceleration. I believe this might be the loudest intake available for this car currently.

I haven't dyno tested the car before and after so I'm not going to hit you guys with the typical "it feels faster" line, but I've spoken to a third party shop who claimed 20whp gain on a stage 2 car without making any software changes. I'll try to find their dyno graph and post it in the comments section.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this intake system and I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone looking for something similar. If you are looking for maximum sound, this is the one to go with!

I made a sound compilation video which you guys can watch here:

EA4D6D65-F2DC-4256-A378-A9015FDD7D9C.JPG

IMG_7908.JPG

IMG_7910.JPG
Impressive induction sounds.
Love the video/scenery too and rear wing.
:thumbsup: