Auto Dimming Mirror and Window Tint

Shay

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium White
I know I have seen this discussed before but I've spent 2 hrs this morning searching through post and cant find it.
I am wanting to tint me 2021 A90 but don't want to interfere with the auto dimming mirror. Where is the sensor that causes the mirror to dim when there are headlights behind at night? Is the sensitivity adjustable? How dark can the rear hatch tint be and not interfere with auto dimming? What experience have you had with you Supra's tint and mirror dimming?

Is there a way to use Bimmercode to stop the door windows from moving each time the door is opened until the film is dry?

Thanks
Shay
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
didn't even know the rear view mirror dimmed? lol
my back window is 20% I have no issues seeing

the bmw window up down is not a big deal if quality tint job. no issues nor with previous 4 BMWs i had tinted.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
didn't even know the rear view mirror dimmed? lol
my back window is 20% I have no issues seeing

the bmw window up down is not a big deal if quality tint job. no issues nor with previous 4 BMWs i had tinted.
Can confirm as my old car had seamless windows as well.
you don’t want to turn off the functionality for the windows either asit can mess up the seam

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I know I have seen this discussed before but I've spent 2 hrs this morning searching through post and cant find it.
I am wanting to tint me 2021 A90 but don't want to interfere with the auto dimming mirror. Where is the sensor that causes the mirror to dim when there are headlights behind at night? Is the sensitivity adjustable? How dark can the rear hatch tint be and not interfere with auto dimming? What experience have you had with you Supra's tint and mirror dimming?

Is there a way to use Bimmercode to stop the door windows from moving each time the door is opened until the film is dry?

Thanks
Shay
It doesnt affect it. I have my rear windshield tinted and my mirror still dims.

Also you cant code the windows moving down when you open then door. The window actually sits inside the rubber trim creating a seal. If the window didnt move when you try to open the door you could break your window. I had my side windows tinted as well and it was no issue.

gofastgolf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 a91 batman
+1 I’m 35% back and sides (NC ?) and no dimming/window issues.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
20% xpel ceramic+ on sides and back. Plus full body ppf stealth, will post picks when it gets out of shop. So far so good from visiting and seeing the tint done.
Sponsored