Auto-x CA Speedway

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I run in an auto-x series out at the CA speedway. There is an event every other month. Its virtually impossible to get tickets to run but I always come across people selling some, like for this weekend. Wanted to extend the offer to get you guys these rare tickets if you want to run. We are currently up to 3 Supras and would be cool to get more in. Honestly, its one of the best put on auto-x events around. Wide variety of cars, lots of cool people and a good amount of laps.

As of right now, I can get someone a ticket for this weekends event (Sat and Sun). So if you want in (I know its a short notice) just let me know and I will get you lined up with the tickets. I will try to keep this thread updated for upcoming events. If you want to just come out and watch, thats cool too. Free to enter and it runs from 9am to about 5pm.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Racing this weekend! Bring your Supras out! Weather looks like its going to be low 80s too!

DVMKV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Silverado, Rx8
I'd love to join in on the next one, currently on travel this weekend. Keep me updated when it is and I'll join!

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
The weather was just about perfect this weekend. No other Supras showed up. Ya @Msoupe I am talking about you haha. Since I won the last race, I got bumped to the pro class. Still ended up taking 2nd! Its now summer break and I might have some time to get more parts put on. Next race is Sept 3-4. Come out and enjoy the +100° weather!

20220618_090509.jpg

20220619_121651.jpg

SnowCr4sh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You guys prefer autocross than circuit hpde?
whats the pros and cons?

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
whats the pros and cons?
It's kind of a personal preference. Some people love one and hate the other. Some like both, like me.

Pros of auto-x

Less of a chance to wreck
Safe place to learn the limits of the car
Cheaper
Less wear on the car

HPDE

Way more track time
Can't beat going really fast
Good for pucker moments

SnowCr4sh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It's kind of a personal preference. Some people love one and hate the other. Some like both, like me.

Pros of auto-x

Less of a chance to wreck
Safe place to learn the limits of the car
Cheaper
Less wear on the car

HPDE

Way more track time
Can't beat going really fast
Good for pucker moments
Oooo thanks for sharing your opinion. I just never experienced autocross before haha I might join u guys one day

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Just missed the last event, huh! Too bad the next one's in September, would have liked to just show up and watch throughout the summer. In any case, I'll try to keep the next one in mind :thumbsup:

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
The weather was just about perfect this weekend. No other Supras showed up. Ya @Msoupe I am talking about you haha. Since I won the last race, I got bumped to the pro class. Still ended up taking 2nd! Its now summer break and I might have some time to get more parts put on. Next race is Sept 3-4. Come out and enjoy the +100° weather!
Haha, yeah I know. Got caught up in family stuff for Father's day weekend. See you next time!

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Oooo thanks for sharing your opinion. I just never experienced autocross before haha I might join u guys one day
At least swing by for one. You can go for a ride and see if its something you are interested in.

Just missed the last event, huh! Too bad the next one's in September, would have liked to just show up and watch throughout the summer. In any case, I'll try to keep the next one in mind :thumbsup:
Yep just missed it! There are going to be more events going on, just not through this series. Look up Cal Club auto-x. They run like every other weekend.

Haha, yeah I know. Got caught up in family stuff for Father's day weekend. See you next time!
Its all good! Wasnt the best weekend to have a race haha. See you there next time!

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
whats the pros and cons?
If you like to slide your car, autox is where it’s at.

If you want more seat time, show up at a ‘test and tune day’ - way fewer people and you can usually literally run until you’re too tired or your tires are gone. These are usually on the Friday before major autox weekends.

HPDE is fun too, but it’s a challenge controlling my inner hoon.
Sponsored