Automatic emergency braking activated today

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Coming up to a stop light, there was a car already stopped.
I normally slow down and then brake late but today before I could hit the brake the AEB alert and subsequent braking kicked in. Even if it had not kicked in, I would have been able to manually stop but I guess the computer did not think so.
But I am happy to experience it in action
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I own an older house with 3 separate garage doors where the frame of the door is (I guess?) some what narrow for today's standards and it activates the auto brake while backing out on occasion. It kind of woke me up the first time it happened. Still plenty of room though before making contact.

I just need to aim the car perfectly center while backing out.

He_drives

First Name
Fayadh aldoseri
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk iv supra, r35 Gtr , ap2 s2000, s14 Silvia , gd sti, grb sti, 997.2 gt3, w12 C-GT
Vehicle Showcase
3 days ago it saved me and my mom while driving on the highway and the car in front of us figured that he missed his exit and decided to stop in the left line

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I own an older house with 3 separate garage doors where the frame of the door is (I guess?) some what narrow for today's standards and it activates the auto brake while backing out on occasion. It kind of woke me up the first time it happened. Still plenty of room though before making contact.

I just need to aim the car perfectly center while backing out.
I experienced this the first time I tried to get out of the garage quickly going backwards. I knew I had the trash cans outside and I could and did clear them, but for sensors that was too close. Anyhow, I'm repeating this almost every day and when you go slowly, no emergency braking at least..

I'll say this though, I was using the adaptive cruise and like one instance before, front car was turning left and I know with slight steering correction I can clear it, but, of course, the car not able to read my mind and actions, flashed the warning and applied the brakes before I steered, which for sure is nice, but I doubt the car behind me was expecting this. I had to step on the pedal to avoid..

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I only drive my Supra on occasion so the car's overall dimension is not in my head... therefore I was backing out slowly and cautiously and according to what I saw in my side mirrors I had plenty of room to clear the door frame. I don't know, better safe than sorry I guess..!

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
I reduced the default stopping range so its not too invasive. My wife's CX-5 slams on the brakes any time a car is turning off the road and I know I'll be able to clear it. The Supra doesn't do that thankfully since I can adjust the settings.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
antonio - I need to look into this.. hopefully I can change settings in reverse too (?) or is that just for adaptive cruise setting?

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
antonio - I need to look into this.. hopefully I can change settings in reverse too (?) or is that just for adaptive cruise setting?
Its for the emergency braking. The adaptive cruise setting is adjusted on the steering wheel (following distance). For the reversing, I'm not sure. I believe that's tied to the radar sensors in the rear bumper and I doubt that's part of the emergency braking system. You might have to looking into the parking sensor settings to see if there's any options there. Maybe turn off the proximity sensors and just keep the camera on?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks, antonio. I'll have to look into it. I still want the brakes to work as I only drive the car like 1000 miles a year at most (she's my garage queen) so I'm not 100% confident I understand the car's dimensions while backing out. It's good to have the car looking out for dummy me.

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
I had the automatic breaking kick in when I didn't need it too. the one road through our downtown has a speed limit of 25. I usually set the cruise at 27 (The speedo on this car and most BMW's read about 2 miles faster than you are really going.) There is a slight curve in the road, and the car thought another car was coming at me, and started braking. I was confused for a second and was wondering why it was slowing down. I had to tap the brakes because that was the quickest way to disengage the cruise. This slowed me do to 10 mph and some idiot decided to make a left turn in front of me. I certainly wasn't slowing down to let them do that. If had had been slowing down to make a right turn on the street, they would have hit me. I had to use the wimpy horn in the car to honk at them. If you lay on the horn it doesn't sound quite as bad when you just tap it.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks, antonio. I'll have to look into it. I still want the brakes to work as I only drive the car like 1000 miles a year at most (she's my garage queen) so I'm not 100% confident I understand the car's dimensions while backing out. It's good to have the car looking out for dummy me.
Check this out. Itā€™s an option for the parking sensors. From the Home Screen, if you press the ā€œOptionsā€ button right below the iDrive knob, you can access some parking sensor settings. This one seems to relate to using the sensors while reversing.
1FE33F4E-1383-49A7-9B41-3DBCA39BF255.jpeg

Dmscott77

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gr Supra
I was backing into my garage the other day in the rain. My car stopped so suddenly that I thought I hit something. I was sick about it and didnā€™t want to look! I finally realized the sensors made the brakes lock probably from rain and thank god I didnā€™t damage her!

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks, antonio. Will definitely check it out.

My car is in hibernation until earliest April so will not be able to test it, but definitely interested in seeing what options I have.

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Check this out. Itā€™s an option for the parking sensors. From the Home Screen, if you press the ā€œOptionsā€ button right below the iDrive knob, you can access some parking sensor settings. This one seems to relate to using the sensors while reversing.
1FE33F4E-1383-49A7-9B41-3DBCA39BF255.jpeg
Easter egg suprase...
Nice find.
:thumbsup:
Sponsored