Automatic lock/unlock with exterior handle

kabnine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV RZ-S & SZ, MV Augusta Dragster 800, MKV Supra
In my case it started working perfectly after I washed the car for the first time. Maybe there was some pre delivery residue on the sensor, or some residue from the delivery paint prep, not sure, but its been spot on since. Could also just be luck and its now waiting until a future time to stop working at the most annoying opportunity.
Sponsored

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Okay you just have to touch the three lines on the edge of the handle with a finger to lock it. I was not touching it right. Now I am able to lock.. :p

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Wrap should not affect the function unless it was done wrong. I wrapped mine and it does work. most of the problem sensors not working after wrapping is caused by bubbles around those 3 lines where "lock" sensors are.

Also, Try checking whether both door does not work or not. If only one side does not work, possibly, only sensors or wiring on that side is faulty. if both does not work, it might be setting, control unit or perhaps both sensors and wirings are faulty. Or I could be completely wrong.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Can the locking function - touching those three lines - be disabled either via settings, coding or some other way? If the car is unlocked and I go to open it by accidentally touching those three lines it locks again. Ugh.
Sponsored