2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Is this a summer tire or all season? Tia

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Is this a summer tire or all season? Tia
Summer - tread pattern and UHP designation- In English here from Conti Germany a bit about their overall build philosophy - https://www.continental-tires.com/car/tires/sportcontact-7

I have a set of new Michelin PS5 in next week for the M240i-Xdrive, my daily. I will post impression of those. They did add a bit more increase in tread wear(longer life) for the PS5. I find that good for a daily in the summer.

OP
OP
1/4mile ride

1/4mile ride

First Name
Shax
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK4 MT & MK5 AT Supra, Nissan Z 23 MT
I have used Conti for my winter tire here in Germany. Never have used their summer tire. I am impressed with the 7 profiled here. Interesting. Im always on Michelin's lol!
For us here in Australia it’s summer tyre all year round and we’ve been eagerly waiting for SC7 to officially arrive, winning both in wet and dry performance is just mind boggling. Can’t wait to test it out on Supra and the Nissan Z

Hudson Hawk

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro
I have the Conti 7's fitted on my rears, replacing the factory Mich PSS.

The back end is much more stable! That's comparing them to worn Mich PSS, but I am sure even when the car was new the PSS's were skittish from day one.

Had dry weather since I've had them fitted so cant say how they are in the wet yet.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Hopefully TireRack will have these in stock by end of this year.

OP
OP
1/4mile ride

1/4mile ride

First Name
Shax
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have the Conti 7's fitted on my rears, replacing the factory Mich PSS.

The back end is much more stable! That's comparing them to worn Mich PSS, but I am sure even when the car was new the PSS's were skittish from day one.
Right, PSS definitely skittish until the temperature reaches 25-30°+ and that’s after breaking in. How’s the SC7 In terms of daily driving?

Hudson Hawk

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro
Right, PSS definitely skittish until the temperature reaches 25-30°+ and that’s after breaking in. How’s the SC7 In terms of daily driving?
Rear grip has been outstanding, no noticeable extra noise and comfort about the same as the Mich.

Previous cars have all had PS4s on, and that would have been my go to here but thought I'd try the Conti's as the online reviews and comparisons were good and were £70 cheaper each.

I got 16k on the PSS's before the hitting outer tread marker. Got just shy of 20k on my PS4's fitted previous rides (911 and Golf R) so will be interesting to see how these last.

Cookie4u

First Name
Richy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra A90
I drive the tire in Germany already since last summer front and rear on 20 ". It is superior to the OEM Michelin tire by worlds and builds up an enormous grip analogous to the Youtube video. That even with cold tires where the Michelin was like soft soap to drive. I would buy it again and again and regret absolutely nothing.

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
I'm already running them since 2 weeks back. Fantastic tire and the traction is insane now compared to the shitty stock tires which never really puts the power down, especially when you're tuned.
A bit higher road noise maybe, but that's not really a problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1/4mile ride

1/4mile ride

First Name
Shax
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm not loving that 70% wear data point. On my Type R I have really liked the F1 Asymmetrics.

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Compare/SportContact-7-VS-Eagle-F1-Asymmetric-6.htm
Yeah you have to sacrifice slightly on tread wear if you want phenomenal grip, the material they used on the compound is softer which makes it very grippy (which also means slightly more tire degradation, like F1 soft tyre compound). Some of the tests shows similar to Michelin’s PSS mileage if not better while “spirited driving” on European road surfaces. The tyre feels soft on touch but with rigid construction and protruding sidewall for better rim protection. They’ve definitely increased mileage on SC7 compared to previous SC6 by 17% while also acing on grip, wet handling braking both dry and wet , racetrack performance

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3371.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: