Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
All Supras are good Supras, hell I used to love my 2JZ GE even though it had smaller brakes, only 5 gears and no turbo. I knew the big boy had more but there was still joy to be had
Sponsored

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I wouldnā€™t necessarily say having a 2.0 or 3.0 supra has any correlation to incomeā€¦ I have a 2.0 and a buddy of mine has a 3.0, I make 3x the amount of money he makes. The car you have doesnā€™t necessarily correlate directly to income. On a side note, my buddy wanted to drive my 2.0 and loved the way it drove. I drove his DP, e30 tuned, B58 and I instantly missed driving my 2.0. Its all personal preference really. If you strive for power, thats great. But thats not the only thing people look for in their cars. Not tryna bust your balls or anything, just was tryna make a point. Have a good day!
I don't want to jump on the hate train because I couldn't care less what anyone else drives but I think there is a lot of bs in that paragraph! It looks like the good old "I've driven manuals all my life and now they bore me" argument.

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
I don't want to jump on the hate train because I couldn't care less what anyone else drives but I think there is a lot of bs in that paragraph! It looks like the good old "I've driven manuals all my life and now they bore me" argument.
It wasn't an argument, though... He was literally stating his opinion. I've never driven a 3.0 and sometimes I wish I had the extra power, but I don't miss it enough to trade my 2.0 in for one. My 2.0 is the fastest and best-handling car I've ever owned, and that's enough for me. To be fair, I lived in Boston for five years where I didn't own a car, but before that I had a heavily modded Stage 2 SRT-4. I also could afford a 3.0 but chose the 2.0 because nobody wanted them, and that allowed me to snag one over 6k under MSRP.

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
380 is very achievable with little effort. Im running 12s in 1/4 mile on DP and Tune. Canā€™t imagine a hybrid turbo and full ECU flash.
What downpipe you running? I'm in the market but probably will go catted

OP
OP
Cmelo

Cmelo

First Name
Celso
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra 2.0
What downpipe you running? I'm in the market but probably will go catted
running a Titan Motorsports downpipe, makes a world of a difference in sound and tq even with no tune!

Dr. Supra

First Name
Danyoll
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
I think revolution (tuner in Japan) already reached 380bhp at the crank with the 2.0.

I am also shopping for a 2.0 simply because of the weight difference and great tuner base.

Dp, tune, suspension and brakes and you will have a great canyon carver imo.
Hardly any tuning for the 2.0s except for the jb4 and that's mostly it. If I'm correct.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
Hardly any tuning for the 2.0s except for the jb4 and that's mostly it. If I'm correct.
In the USA you are correct. In other countries the 2.0 has been available longer than 2021 and are "tunable."

Last edited:

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
I run a RaceChip in mine, and they got decent power from it when they dyno'd it in Germany but I don't know if the tuning is the same in the US versions.

ZokiSpeed

First Name
Zoran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 2.0L
In the USA you are correct. In other countries the 2.0 has been available longer than 2021 and are "tunable."
Yes. Thats true. Last spring/summer the first companys here started to tune the 2.0L without boxes like JB4/RaceChip.

I'm running around 300hp/470Nm (crank) without any problems/modifications and hard track use (sometimes a whole day and two set's of tires), tuned by Kotte Performance (germany & italy). There is enough headroom, so the software is safe for track use. The stock maps at the JB4 i used before were just embarassing for the price of that box.

btw. : I took the 2.0L because of the weight difference u can really feel if you race your supra. + In germany you had to wait for more than a year if you want a 3.0. The 2.0 were all standing around like VW Golf. šŸ˜ƒ

Internals: like another member already told: modular system, same parts, not forged, stock 330i G20.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
It wasn't an argument, though... He was literally stating his opinion. I've never driven a 3.0 and sometimes I wish I had the extra power, but I don't miss it enough to trade my 2.0 in for one. My 2.0 is the fastest and best-handling car I've ever owned, and that's enough for me. To be fair, I lived in Boston for five years where I didn't own a car, but before that I had a heavily modded Stage 2 SRT-4. I also could afford a 3.0 but chose the 2.0 because nobody wanted them, and that allowed me to snag one over 6k under MSRP.
The fact there is a higher version doesnā€™t impact the base versionā€™s greatness. if one canā€™t enjoy a snappy, great looking drivers car because it isnā€™t the fastest version then I question if the love of driving is really what brought them to the platform in the first place. If Toyota had put the stick in the 2.0 only I would have bought that myself. The 2.0 is 1000rpm and a stick away from all time greatness.

going fast is just one aspect of driving that can be fun.

Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Nocturnal B48, 2019 Blazer 2lt
From what ive found on a parts catalog, the B48 and B58 share the same timing chain, and assembly. Lotā€™s of research should be done and weā€™d know. I also believe that the B48 has an LSD - from what i remember when toyota was marketing the 2.0.
Also happy the values havent gone down too far

First Name
Zvonimir
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2.0 SZ
It's sad there still isn't any real information out there about the 2.0. We're still having issues with what / if any LSD we have in the car lol. Im afraid most our answers wont come until some brave soul rips apart the car and does the leg work... and well that's not the reason i bought a 2.0 over the 3.0 lol.

I'm in Croatia, I have sent my diff to Drexler to rework it to a clutch type 2 way LSD. Not sure why Quife, Cusco or Kaaz haven't developed LSDs for the 2.0 but alas. Drexler are BMWs OEM btw.
That fun costs about ā‚¬2500, and you have to send them your diff (without oil) and axles.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Nocturnal B48, 2019 Blazer 2lt
I'm in Croatia, I have sent my diff to Drexler to rework it to a clutch type 2 way LSD. Not sure why Quife, Cusco or Kaaz haven't developed LSDs for the 2.0 but alas. Drexler are BMWs OEM btw.
That fun costs about ā‚¬2500, and you have to send them your diff (without oil) and axles.
There is a video online showing a 2.0 with the auto lsd dif from the 3.0... This had me questioning if we can throw one onto the 2.0 and that the ECU has the ability to support the change??

Not sure at all. This car is a 3.0, except that it has a B48.

But watch this car rip on the NĆ¼rburgring:
"Full fat 4 cyl supra, fully standard car with a PERFORMANCE PACK"

Sponsored