Bad battery? (Help appreciated) Issues on cold crank here recently.

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
@Sereph102889 just go to the dealership, that’s where my nightmare you’re going thru ended…
I am taking it to the dealer once they are opened Monday. My car is tuned and the last thing I want to hear from them is how somehow my tune cause this issue. The cars been fine for over a year tuned until now.

Anyways, you had a similar issue? If so, did they tell you what the issue was? I'm thinking Voltage regulator.
Sponsored

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I wasn’t locking my car, the battery died and was replaced…fixed…

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
These cars often sit at a port for months before arriving at the dealership. I sold cars at Toyota when I bought it, we saw a number of Supras come in with batteries that literally died the same night they where dropped off…

Lol how strange.

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
The reason for your car not starting is the High Pressure Fuel Error Code.

the fuel is flowing back to the tank which shouldn’t happen and the engine is waiting for an specific amount of fuel pressure build back up.

Im having the same problem, still trying to figure out if it’s the fuel pump or the “non return valve” not working due to dirt or whatever.
I have an appointment on Friday at Toyota, they will hopefully tell me more or fix it.

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The reason for your car not starting is the High Pressure Fuel Error Code.

the fuel is flowing back to the tank which shouldn’t happen and the engine is waiting for an specific amount of fuel pressure build back up.

Im having the same problem, still trying to figure out if it’s the fuel pump or the “non return valve” not working due to dirt or whatever.
I have an appointment on Friday at Toyota, they will hopefully tell me more or fix it.
Nah this isn't just a fuel pressure issue, at least not in my case. I'm getting all kinds of electrical issues. Power steering failing to start due to undervoltage, Chassis Stabilization failures due to undervoltage, Parking Assist Malfunction due to undervoltage, etc etc..... It's going to be an electrical issue for sure.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
UPDATE:

Had an appointment to drop the car off at the dealership today to have it diagnosed. I thought it would be a great idea to start the car to let it idle for a few minutes to some what charge the battery before heading out on the journey to the dealership. I shut the car off and went to walk back to the house and I heard the infamous "Drivetrain Malfunction" popup as the doors closed and locked. I hopped back in the car and tried to start it..... absolutely nothing. Starter doesn't even try to do a single thing, no noises what-so-ever from any of the systems involved in startup. The infotainment system is flooded with error messages of every system on the car having malfunctioned. At this point I try to hook up my code reader, being my MHD dongle, and it CAN NOT contact the DME no matter how many times I try.

At this point I have to have the car towed and the scary thing is is that I can't even use the gear selector to put it in neutral..... whatever is now wrong with this car WILL NOT, under any circumstance, allow me to put it in neutral. Luckily the parking brake is off, but with it being in neutral, and also being tucked away about 8 feet deep into my garage, this tow experience is about to be a very very scary and nerve wrenching situation. The really odd thing is that all my electronics inside the car, including the headlights, are still working perfectly fine. The radio is still working, and the entire time I was trying to figure things out with roadside assistance, the phone kept connecting to the cars bluetooth.

This car just went from my "best and favorite purchase of my lifetime", to a "miserable headache", is all I can say after today.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Id flatbed it

actually I’d just replace the battery out of pocket with a lighter one just to see if that fixes the issue before sending it to the dealership

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
UPDATE UPDATE: I'M A WHOLE ASS IDIOT

The only thing I never stopped to check, this entire time, was the positive battery connection in the engine bay. I just went and checked it and the damn hex bolt fell off as I put the wrench on it...... I tightened it back up and the car fired right up. All the errors were gone and I was immediately able to contact the DME. It hasn't ran this well in weeks. I just got back from a 30 minute drive and all is well.

Learn from my stupidity folks. Check your damn connections, even if you feel like it's the simplest shit and it couldn't possibly be that.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
UPDATE UPDATE: I'M A WHOLE ASS IDIOT

The only thing I never stopped to check, this entire time, was the positive battery connection in the engine bay. I just went and checked it and the damn hex bolt fell off as I put the wrench on it...... I tightened it back up and the car fired right up. All the errors were gone and I was immediately able to contact the DME. It hasn't ran this well in weeks. I just got back from a 30 minute drive and all is well.

Learn from my stupidity folks. Check your damn connections, even if you feel like it's the simplest shit and it couldn't possibly be that.
I'm really really happy to hear that the car is fine, and you're just a whole ass idiot.

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm really really happy to hear that the car is fine, and you're just a whole ass idiot.
Thanks dude.... I was starting to stress the hell out lol. But yea, I felt, and still feel, like an idiot for not checking that first.