Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
Hi,

I am thinking on going with Meth Injection, maybe this was covered before, but can't find it. I do have very basic questions:
  1. Where to get it? Like, it is true that the washer fluid is ok?, maybe adjusting the mix to 50\50 ?
  2. How long does it last? Like, the fuel tank is good for 250 miles on average (at least on my usual commute), it will last this long or would be less? I know this depends on the container and how aggressive my driving habits are, but it is on the same ratio of fuel burning?
  3. If I run out of Meth, the tune would be dangerous? Like I should not drive or just avoid WOT?
  4. Would it work with "just" BM3 or Ecutek? Meaning, how the controller work alongside the tune? like, how the Ecu would know that hey, we have some meth?
  5. How safe it is for daily?
Thanks for the time. if am going this route I would need to be able to use the car like a daily, or maybe be able to go for long trips where I may run out of Meth. Or if this is not possible, meaning that the use of meth is more delicate, that's fine, just to know what I am getting into.
Sponsored

absaifan

First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mkv Supra, MKIV 2jz-gte, Q7, FJ Cruiser
Hi,

I am thinking on going with Meth Injection, maybe this was covered before, but can't find it. I do have very basic questions:
  1. Where to get it? Like, it is true that the washer fluid is ok?, maybe adjusting the mix to 50\50 ? Get the Titan / BMS or AEM kits. No, washer fluid is not good at least due to the coloring it has and potential undisclosed chemicals used, you wouldn't want your engine ingesting that.
  2. How long does it last? Like, the fuel tank is good for 250 miles on average (at least on my usual commute), it will last this long or would be less? I know this depends on the container and how aggressive my driving habits are, but it is on the same ratio of fuel burning? No straight answer here, all depends on your tune and jet sizing, more boost more Rev happy, more Meth will be sprayed.
  3. If I run out of Meth, the tune would be dangerous? Like I should not drive or just avoid WOT? The tune should compensate and limit boost (safety map) if the methanol level drops below minimum in your reservoir, you should request your installer/ tuner for this safety feature.
  4. Would it work with "just" BM3 or Ecutek? Meaning, how the controller work alongside the tune? like, how the Ecu would know that hey, we have some Meth? Many answers to this question, can work seperatley through its own controller or in conjunction through your piggyback, your tuner will guide you.
  5. How safe it is for daily? Very safe on your stock turbo / stock ECU with a tune..
Thanks for the time. if am going this route I would need to be able to use the car like a daily, or maybe be able to go for long trips where I may run out of Meth. Or if this is not possible, meaning that the use of meth is more delicate, that's fine, just to know what I am getting into.

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
He hit this pretty spot on with his answers.

If anyone has any questions, you’re welcome to reach out to me. Trying to be a little more active on the forums, but i always reply instantly to Facebook messenger :)

OP
OP
Camus

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
Thank you both for the answers!

After seeing the additional fuel pump video I am not sure what to do... I am thinking on going directly to port injection.

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Thank you both for the answers!

After seeing the additional fuel pump video I am not sure what to do... I am thinking on going directly to port injection.
If you ever need any guidance or have any questions, dont hesitate to reach out. I enjoy helping people. Lol.

[email protected]

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 1991 Pontiac TransAm
@Marshall@ViscontiTuning I'm getting the Titan kit installed next week by a local shop which specializes in BMWs. The kit came with two nozzles, a #3 and a #5. I purchased a #6 nozzle. The kit is designed to use one nozzle, but I talked to the installers and they said they could get boost reference elsewhere and install two nozzles. Right now I just have a downpipe, but may eventually get a larger turbo. I'm thinking about running e50. What would you suggest to do as far as nozzles go? Can I go with two nozzles now even though its prob a bit overkill?
Sponsored