Bench Unlock in Central Florida?

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
good to know...i literally emailed them today about installing parts + unlock but i guess i'm going somewhere else then. they haven't replied to my email, but other tuners have within an hour or so.
If you needed an unlock, Mikey Botti was actually in Melbourne over the weekend. He just did a tune and bench unlock on a friend's Supra. He is usually there once a month at Boxer Motorsports.
Sponsored

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
If you needed an unlock, Mikey Botti was actually in Melbourne over the weekend. He just did a tune and bench unlock on a friend's Supra. He is usually there once a month at Boxer Motorsports.
I didnā€™t need it then. Yea I hear he comes to boxer often.

OP
OP

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Ive heard that Tuning dynamics in Tampa is able to bench unlock as well. Might want to try and give them a call. Good luck!
Tuning Dynamics has quoted $300 for a bench unlock. $135 for 3 dyno runs, FYI. Leaning towards them - just waiting for my Ecutek package to arrive.

Thanks for the heads up!

xnick101

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M340i
Tuning Dynamics has quoted $300 for a bench unlock. $135 for 3 dyno runs, FYI. Leaning towards them - just waiting for my Ecutek package to arrive.

Thanks for the heads up!
I took my car to tuning dynamics today and the bench unlock didn't work. My tuner kept saying go to Titan but I didn't want to drive that far out since I am in north Tampa. The reason for it not working is they don't use the bflashtool unlock tool which loads the ecutek license onto the ECU at the time of the unlock. Induction Performance uses them for unlocks but they must not do many or haven't done one in a long time.

OP
OP

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I took my car to tuning dynamics today and the bench unlock didn't work. My tuner kept saying go to Titan but I didn't want to drive that far out since I am in north Tampa. The reason for it not working is they don't use the bflashtool unlock tool which loads the ecutek license onto the ECU at the time of the unlock. Induction Performance uses them for unlocks but they must not do many or haven't done one in a long time.
Much appreciated and very timely. I asked them multiple times whether their unlocks are compatible with Ecutek (knowing that bflash is required) and they seemed confident.

After reading this, Iā€™m just going to have to commit to going to Titan and having my downpipe installed elsewhere OR see if Induction Performance would be willing to unlock without going with them for a tune (that was their criteria last time I called them).

Now that I think about it, Iā€™m leaning way towards Titan to just be done with it.

xnick101

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M340i
Much appreciated and very timely. I asked them multiple times whether their unlocks are compatible with Ecutek (knowing that bflash is required) and they seemed confident.

After reading this, Iā€™m just going to have to commit to going to Titan and having my downpipe installed elsewhere OR see if Induction Performance would be willing to unlock without going with them for a tune (that was their criteria last time I called them).

Now that I think about it, Iā€™m leaning way towards Titan to just be done with it.
Induction performance uses tuning dynamics for unlocks. Thats why I went straight to them. It looks like their method worked previously but with the new cal id's you HAVE to load the license at the time of the unlock. And the only way to do that is using a bflashtool.

OP
OP

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Induction performance uses tuning dynamics for unlocks. Thats why I went straight to them. It looks like their method worked previously but with the new cal id's you HAVE to load the license at the time of the unlock. And the only way to do that is using a bflashtool.
I was just reading about Viscontiā€™s unlock and they said they ā€œcanā€™t easily load a license from another tuner.ā€ I wonder if Titan will claim the same thing (I have a license from a remote tuner).

I might just have to suck it up and ship my dme to that tuner to be extra sure everything goes smoothly.

xnick101

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M340i
I was just reading about Viscontiā€™s unlock and they said they ā€œcanā€™t easily load a license from another tuner.ā€ I wonder if Titan will claim the same thing (I have a license from a remote tuner).

I might just have to suck it up and ship my dme to that tuner to be extra sure everything goes smoothly.
You're in the same situation that I am in. I called Titan and they said they charge $350 including the license going on that they provide. So you can sell your deskey. Which is what I will have to do also. I purchased a license from Visconti which they never told me I didn't need.

OP
OP

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You're in the same situation that I am in. I called Titan and they said they charge $350 including the license going on that they provide. So you can sell your deskey. Which is what I will have to do also. I purchased a license from Visconti which they never told me I didn't need.
Iā€™m hopeful that youā€™re right about Titan, but I see B58 Ecutek licenses on their own for $500+ and Titan themselves charges an extra $900 for OTS tune and license.

If they could just include an Ecutek license in a $350 unlock, I canā€™t see them charging $900 for just an OTS tune in the other package.

Are you sure that ā€œthey provideā€ didnā€™t mean ā€œwe are happy to also sell youā€?

Which would be fine - just trying to get clear info.

xnick101

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M340i
Iā€™m hopeful that youā€™re right about Titan, but I see B58 Ecutek licenses on their own for $500+ and Titan themselves charges an extra $900 for OTS tune and license.

If they could just include an Ecutek license in a $350 unlock, I canā€™t see them charging $900 for just an OTS tune in the other package.

Are you sure that ā€œthey provideā€ didnā€™t mean ā€œwe are happy to also sell youā€?

Which would be fine - just trying to get clear info.
Sorry, I called back to confirm and they were taking into account that my deskey already has flash points on it. Its $350 and they use our deskey since we have a license already. Otherwise its $350 +$500 for a license

Last edited:
OP
OP

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I went with Visconti to bench unlock my ECU.

Tuning Dynamics canā€™t do it per another user here. Midnight tuning became unresponsive. Induction Performance claims to only unlock if they do the tuning. Titan will unlock, but they wonā€™t install customer supplied parts (I bought my downpipe already).

Viscontiā€™s process was painless. Communication with Marshall was clear the whole way. A little pricier than the quote from Titan, but it includes overnight shipping both ways, and I didnā€™t have to take time off work or spend the gas money to get to Orlando and back.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Thank you for mentioning this! I might check this out, I'm in Melbourne and I need an unlock

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
Thank you for mentioning this! I might check this out, I'm in Melbourne and I need an unlock
can vouch for the tune in melbourne w/ botti. only downside was i came at the time they said (10am) and i sat there until 4pm before i got tuned. (i worked the nightshift before so that was fun.) took them like 30-40 minutes to tune me. not sure when the next tune session will happen since he's been working on competing etc

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
can vouch for the tune in melbourne w/ botti. only downside was i came at the time they said (10am) and i sat there until 4pm before i got tuned. (i worked the nightshift before so that was fun.) took them like 30-40 minutes to tune me. not sure when the next tune session will happen since he's been working on competing etc

Thanks for letting me know! :thumbsup:
Sponsored