Bench Unlock in Central Florida?

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Update: I went with Visconti to bench unlock my ECU.

Tuning Dynamics can’t do it per another user here. Midnight tuning became unresponsive. Induction Performance claims to only unlock if they do the tuning. Titan will unlock, but they won’t install customer supplied parts (I bought my downpipe already).

Visconti’s process was painless. Communication with Marshall was clear the whole way. A little pricier than the quote from Titan, but it includes overnight shipping both ways, and I didn’t have to take time off work or spend the gas money to get to Orlando and back.

—-
Anyone know of a shop that will bench unlock a recall-locked 2020 ecu?

• I’d like to go with ecutek
  • I’d like the ecu to retain the software that fixed the brake recall
  • Within a few hours of Tampa, FL
I called titan and left a message with no response. I’m also waiting for Visconti to return an email about remote unlocking.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
What did you end up doing?

OP
OP

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What did you end up doing?
  • Visconti did reply with and confirm process for both remote and mail in unlock processes. Those guys seem nice.
  • Titan never replied to my contact form or voicemail, but I did get them on the phone. They will unlock in person for $250 IF you buy their Ecutek package including one of their OTS tunes. I imagine they’ll unlock for that price for any sort of Ecutek package with OTS or custom tune. Their website says $350 for the unlock only in person.
  • Induction Performance here in Tampa said they do unlocks only for customers who use them for custom tuning. This is what I was quoted for an unlock, Ecutek package, and custom tune:
    • $550 Ecutek
    • $650 tune
    • $300 unlock
    • $200 dyno time
    • $350 dongle
    • $125/hr for follow up tuning
At this point, I will very likely take a day off work, drive to Titan, have them unlock the ecu, then flash an OTS from a remote tuner like Marin or Visconti.

From there, I’ll just work with whoever I choose for further custom tuning as I get more parts.

I may just get the unlock and Ecutek package + OTS tune from Titan initially as I won’t have to buy a windows laptop until I’m ready for further tuning (flex fuel, etc.). This is ultimately the cheapest route (made a spreadsheet), but I haven’t read anything about Titan OTS tunes.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
  • Visconti did reply with and confirm process for both remote and mail in unlock processes. Those guys seem nice.
  • Titan never replied to my contact form or voicemail, but I did get them on the phone. They will unlock in person for $250 IF you buy their Ecutek package including one of their OTS tunes. I imagine they’ll unlock for that price for any sort of Ecutek package with OTS or custom tune. Their website says $350 for the unlock only in person.
  • Induction Performance here in Tampa said they do unlocks only for customers who use them for custom tuning. This is what I was quoted for an unlock, Ecutek package, and custom tune:
    • $550 Ecutek
    • $650 tune
    • $300 unlock
    • $200 dyno time
    • $350 dongle
    • $125/hr for follow up tuning
At this point, I will very likely take a day off work, drive to Titan, have them unlock the ecu, then flash an OTS from a remote tuner like Marin or Visconti.

From there, I’ll just work with whoever I choose for further custom tuning as I get more parts.

I may just get the unlock and Ecutek package + OTS tune from Titan initially as I won’t have to buy a windows laptop until I’m ready for further tuning (flex fuel, etc.). This is ultimately the cheapest route (made a spreadsheet), but I haven’t read anything about Titan OTS tunes.
Thanks for the info, I'm in South West FL as well and was thinking of visiting Titan also now that I have my DP, but I have not done the recall service yet. We're you able to have that done a dealer down here successfully?

OP
OP

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the info, I'm in South West FL as well and was thinking of visiting Titan also now that I have my DP, but I have not done the recall service yet. We're you able to have that done a dealer down here successfully?
Yes, AutoNation Toyota Pinellas Park had confirmed they have three Supra techs and have successfully completed the recall. I went there and they got me all sorted out.

Wesley Chapel Toyota completely wasted my time. Had me come in, wait around a bit, then came back and told me they’re “waiting on BMW for a new file” or something like that.

JFende39

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 3.0 Supra GR
Good to know. I’m down the street from that yota dealer. I’ll be sure to head there for any recalls or scheduled maintenance. Thanks for the info.

JFende39

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 3.0 Supra GR
Side note gents. As I am sure u know. Midnite tuning in Pinellas is a turbo bimmer guru. Tuning through Javi would no doubt be a great success. Check him on IG

OP
OP

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Titan Motorsports quoted $400 for unlock only (in person) and will not install customer supplied parts (like a downpipe), FYI.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Side note gents. As I am sure u know. Midnite tuning in Pinellas is a turbo bimmer guru. Tuning through Javi would no doubt be a great success. Check him on IG
Does midnite do supra stuff? (I know it's basically a bmw, but they are still different)

JFende39

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 3.0 Supra GR
Does midnite do supra stuff? (I know it's basically a bmw, but they are still different)
o yeah. I brought mine to show Javi when I got it and he was pumped ready to make big numbers. Then we found out it was locked and I don’t feel like going down that road yet. It’s a bmw. He can make big numbers. He just got a brand new M3 and is pumping some serious numbers out that I think with just JB4.
go see him. You won’t be disappointed.

Content Cars

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Yes, AutoNation Toyota Pinellas Park had confirmed they have three Supra techs and have successfully completed the recall. I went there and they got me all sorted out.

Wesley Chapel Toyota completely wasted my time. Had me come in, wait around a bit, then came back and told me they’re “waiting on BMW for a new file” or something like that.
would love to meet up with some fellow Tampa/southwest FL Supra owners sometime. I'm in Lutz.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
would love to meet up with some fellow Tampa/southwest FL Supra owners sometime. I'm in Lutz.
We should link up here:

It says $10 per show entry, but I'm not sure if that means anyone there for C&C or just the primary line up. Anyone been before?

Screenshot_20220304-053014_DuckDuckGo.jpg

JFende39

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 3.0 Supra GR
We should link up here:

It says $10 per show entry, but I'm not sure if that means anyone there for C&C or just the primary line up. Anyone been before?

Screenshot_20220304-053014_DuckDuckGo.jpg
never been there but I went to a pretty bad ass one in Clearwater next to fords garage a couple weeks ago. Met some really good peeps driving bupras. I’m down for a meet up or cruise whenever. Besides today. Headed to Disney with the ol lady ??‍♂?? but the drive will be nice obviously.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Titan Motorsports quoted $400 for unlock only (in person) and will not install customer supplied parts (like a downpipe), FYI.
Ive heard that Tuning dynamics in Tampa is able to bench unlock as well. Might want to try and give them a call. Good luck!

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
good to know...i literally emailed them today about installing parts + unlock but i guess i'm going somewhere else then. they haven't replied to my email, but other tuners have within an hour or so.
Sponsored