Best affordable rims for track day use only?

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I run the apex 18” sm10 wheel 18x10. These fit 275/35/18 tires for a square set up and also use the apex stud kit. Rims are a little over $400 each direct from apex. I have two sets now and they have held up well. So something to consider. They have a lot of clearance and fit big brake kits as well as I also have a 6 piston front and 4 piston rear caliper/ 15” rotors all the way around and everything fits with no spacers etc.
APEX for me as well.
Sponsored

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
I went Apex SM-10RS 18x11. Tough to beat the price specially with the group buys they tend to do. Wrapped in 295/30 contis ecf, just wish these tires were available with a 35 profile but 0 lbs difference vs stock set is one heck of a win for all the extra grip.

1695660831786.jpeg

DomainEarth

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
hey, everyone. Hope you’re all well. Happy New Year.

Can any of you describe the process of bringing your Supra to the track and what it is that you bring with you? I understand that if I drive my Supra to the track that I would need to already have my race rims mounted with a set of dual purpose tires (can’t throw them in trunk). I plan on heading out to a track day here Florida, not to race, just observe and learn. I think, hope, we’re a little more sane than what I saw out at the Nürburgring track day. Spicy to say the least, if not Mad Max’ish.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota

Can any of you describe the process of bringing your Supra to the track and what it is that you bring with you? I understand that if I drive my Supra to the track that I would need to already have my race rims mounted with a set of dual purpose tires (can’t throw them in trunk). I plan on heading out to a track day here Florida, not to race, just observe and learn. I think, hope, we’re a little more sane than what I saw out at the Nürburgring track day. Spicy to say the least, if not Mad Max’ish.
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/thinking-about-tracking.20386/

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
So there will be a lot of opinions as to what you need but after the helmet, then at a minimum you need an air pump , tire gauge to adjust pressure and pump up after for your drive home and then a torque wrench/socket to check an re-torque the lug nuts after the first few runs. This is even more critical with a new set of rims as they take a few heat cycles to stabilize and stay tight. You should let them cool down a bit after the session ends before checking them.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

Depends how long, how hard, etc..

Helmet, brakes, brake fluid, water, etc..

-Josh

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Affordable and track should never be on the same sentence…… You never want to cheap out on wheels especially in a track environment. In reality, it’s not much more between cheap wheels vs real forged wheels made in Japan… if you can afford a Supra, you can afford a decent set of track wheels….

Last edited:

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Affordable and track should never be on the same sentence…… You never want to cheap out on wheels especially in a track environment. In reality, it’s not much more between Apex vs real forged wheels made in Japan… if you can afford a Supra, you can afford a decent set of track wheels….
there are plenty of “real” forged track wheels made in Japan that have a lot more deflection and failures than apex or titan7

I’ve literally never seen anyone have an issue with apex or titan7 on their Supra 🤷‍♂️

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
there are plenty of “real” forged track wheels made in Japan that have a lot more deflection and failures than apex or titan7

I’ve literally never seen anyone have an issue with apex or titan7 on their Supra 🤷‍♂️
I wasnt really referring to apex or Titan. Those are “forged” wheels from Taiwan… bad comparison. Not seeing it doesn’t mean anything. I never seen a Bigfoot before but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist…. Apex and Titan 7 isn’t really cheap if you look at the costs…. You said there are no failures, both companies haven’t been out super long…

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
For sale: one set of black and red Volk TE37 super laps. 18x10.5” square Supra fitment

Only one season of occasional track use.
Sponsored