Best "Bang-for-your-buck" 2021 tune

Sak Dangler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Hey all! I have recently become the owner of a 2021 3.0 Premium. I LOVE IT! I have read in the threads here that some of the 2021's are not tunable at the moment. Is this still a "thing"? I just installed a Titan Catless DP and have an Armaspeed CAI on order. I am not too picky on tunes, as I am a bit new to the game, but I am looking to go with BootMod. The question I have is - Considering my Supra is a daily driver, would a stage 2 93 octane tune be too much for a daily, or would a stage 1 93 octane suffice? I am not worried about noise or none of that bull. I am just more focused on whether those tunes are not too abusing to the motor.
Sponsored

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Check your DME date. That will tell you if the car is tunable. Anything past 7/20 is locked and cannot be unlocked yet.

OP
OP
Sak Dangler

Sak Dangler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Thanks for the feedback. My ECU is dated 11/2020 :(. The only reason I was considering the BootMod3 is because it seemed pretty simple, and I was going to run a stage 2 93 octane. So I guess my questions are

- Does the JB4 device provide the similar types of shelf tunes like BootMod3?
- Why does the JB4 work on my 2021 but not the BootMod3. I'm sure it's bypassing something, but what. - The geek in me is curious...

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Thanks for the feedback. My ECU is dated 11/2020 :(. The only reason I was considering the BootMod3 is because it seemed pretty simple, and I was going to run a stage 2 93 octane. So I guess my questions are

- Does the JB4 device provide the similar types of shelf tunes like BootMod3?
- Why does the JB4 work on my 2021 but not the BootMod3. I'm sure it's bypassing something, but what. - The geek in me is curious...
JB4 Has a few OTS maps included, but you're likely going to want to have a tuner tweak some of the params to keep your car running well.

BookMod flashes the ECU, but ECU's past 6/2020 are locked and encrypted (for now) so it's not possible. JB4 is a piggy back device that sites in between sensors in the engine bay and manipulates signal readings to the stock ECU.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Get a JB4 and a custom tune with it with your mods. It should give you a noticeable increase in HP and especially TQ with your supporting mods, especially if you go flex fuel route. A company has shown proof that they have cracked the new Bosch ECU but they are not releasing it yet until they can protect from other tuners stealing their work. There are rumors of September but we will have to wait and see.

OP
OP
Sak Dangler

Sak Dangler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Get a JB4 and a custom tune with it with your mods. It should give you a noticeable increase in HP and especially TQ with your supporting mods, especially if you go flex fuel route. A company has shown proof that they have cracked the new Bosch ECU but they are not releasing it yet until they can protect from other tuners stealing their work. There are rumors of September but we will have to wait and see.
Gotcha, thanks. I live in the sticks and I know of nobody close that can tune these things. Thats another reason I was wanting a canned tune.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Currently have the JB4 + MHD back end flash on stage 2. I did this so I can run catless and also have the boost the JB4 offers with the free logging and safety features.

t

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Currently have the JB4 + MHD back end flash on stage 2. I did this so I can run catless and also have the boost the JB4 offers with the free logging and safety features.

t
How do you like the MHD bef overall? I am considering keeping jb4 and going bef or switching to ecutek or the like when 21 is unlocked.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
How do you like the MHD bef overall? I am considering keeping jb4 and going bef or switching to ecutek or the like when 21 is unlocked.
Im loving it. It makes the car completely different and faster. The burble settings are nice and it allows me to run catless and clear all codes before going to the dealer.

I will only get ecutek if I upgrade my turbo and run e85

Deleted member 6088

So my ECU is 04/20, thinking catless and a tune… but what are the RWHP numbers people are seeing?

Markus88

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 Jarama Edition
Are there any numbers for e85 with stage 2 ?
Sponsored