william
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
#A90 381 edition.. and r35
Vehicle Showcase
Hey is there anybody want to trade their BoostLogic ?
i just get my order Hks Dual exhaust,, and when i test sound i dont really like it, so i took of again.
let me know,, i want try diffrent brand trade also welcome, i think everyone had diffrent taste about the exhaust sound, and after i try hear it my self i realize hks isnt my taste. my prefer is boost logic / remus / fi exhaust or tneer thx
hksss.jpg

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I'm 35 haha maybe that extra year makes the difference

Loving the first impression info you have, I think I've decided to sell it before it even arrives and just go with catless DP and stock exhaust as that would sound loud but not as loud as BL with catless

Wish there was this sort of info before I bought it but kinda happy I started asking the questions here so other will see issues like how loud they are, melting diffusers, fitment issues etc depends how much you'd love the exhaust, weight reduction I guess but personally I couldn't live with it and still have a relationship with my neighbours...

Can always do a muffler delete on the stock if I'm feeling crazy one day

Came across this video also about our valves in Australia being useless, not sure if that's the same in NZ Kiwi Greg maybe you can let us know?

ME spec behaves the same

One thing to note, in Comfort valve closes at 2nd gear and stays that way. Sport opens it back again.

When stand still, valve is always open except cold start

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Hey is there anybody want to trade their BoostLogic ?
i just get my order Hks Dual exhaust,, and when i test sound i dont really like it, so i took of again.
let me know,, i want try diffrent brand trade also welcome, i think everyone had diffrent taste about the exhaust sound, and after i try hear it my self i realize hks isnt my taste. my prefer is boost logic / remus / fi exhaust or tneer thx
hksss.jpg
Do you have or plan on adding a catless DP?

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Alright - last update in the boost logic blog for me.

City driving - my friends have convinced me it's not as bad as I feared. I think it's louder than it should be in 1-2k rev range, but they say it sounds great. A lot of that has to do with still being grumbly, not like a hopped up honda. I think I just got used to stock, and people who don't know stock think the sound just matches the look. I don't worry about it much anymore.

And then I went for a drive in the twisties. The soundtrack boost logic adds to the experience is amazing. The car is furious, and does well with a sound to match. It gives you back a lot of the experience having an auto took away, in a way. Thing just screams when you ask it to. While in the city I found myself managing the sound, in the twisties it gives back so much more. No way I'm taking this off, haha

Cold start, still embarassing.

I guess the moral of the story is to be ready for an adjustment period, but it's an excellent choice.

AlRayes_BRN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
That looks great! Congrats!

I already have AFE catted dp + AFE exhaust, seriously thinking changing to Magnaflow or MAPerformance exhaust

AlRayes_BRN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
How come?
The AFE exhauats sounds great and its much lighter than the OEM exhaust but the huge problem is fitment. The exhaust tips keep shifting to the right and I went to 4 different shops to find a way to fix this issue, it looks like a manufacturing issue. I added rubber stoppers to keep them centered but I noticed the original rubber holders are starting to crack due to the exhaust wanting to shift right (it helped but they are not 100% centered). Also, 1 tip is pushed outside a bit compared to the other.

It's such a shame, I really love how it sounds.

MAPerformance exhaust looks like the AFE one but with 3.5" piping and non-resonated, but I'm not sure if I'd pay 2k for it. Magnaflow exhaust is modular, has a 3.5" pipe connected to the dp and I personally love how the carbon tips are tucked in. It also sounds awesome from the clips I've heard.

AWE exhaust is also great but I'm not a big fan of the lost ground clearance in the back (big mufflers sticking near the ground).

Choices, choices ..

Last edited:

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The AFE exhauats sounds great and its much lighter than the OEM exhaust but the huge problem is fitment. The exhaust tips keep shifting to the right and I went to 4 different shops to find a way to fix this issue, it looks like a manufacturing issue. I added rubber stoppers to keep them centered but I noticed the original rubber holders are starting to crack due to the exhaust keeps shifting right (it helped but they are not 100% centered). Also, 1 tip is pushed outside a bit compared to the other.

It's such a shame, I really love how it sounds.

MAPerformance exhaust looks like the AFE one but with 3.5" piping and non-resonated, but I'm not sure if I'd pay 2k for it. Magnaflow exhaust is modular, has a 3.5" pipe connected to the dp and I personally love how the carbon tips are tucked in. It also sounds awesome from the clips I've heard.

Choices, choices ..
Yeah you guys are lucky over there... So much choice! Shame to hear about the AFE exhaust not fitting well. Heard a few issues around fitment with different exhausts. You'd think for the price they'd all fit perfectly :dunno: