• Total voters

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I think 3 or 4 people on here including myself have or had a CEL with the AA downpipe FYI
You should reach out to AA directly in that case. They guarantee No CEL and should be able to resolve your concerns. Any other modifications on top of downpipe? I have a protune with intake & charge pipe and still no CEL.
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
On my car unless I leave the exhaust completely stock (high probability), I would go HKS CBE.

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Pulled the trigger, BoostLogic Ti and catless DP

Anyone know why BL catback has valves on both sides?

img_9855.jpg
img_9862.jpg

Getting ECUTEK so should be able to clear the CEL yeah?

Last edited:

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Pulled the trigger, BoostLogic Ti and catless DP

Anyone know why BL catback has valves on both sides?

Getting ECUTEK so should be able to clear the CEL yeah?
One side uses the stock valve, and they've installed a second one on the other side that piggybacks off of the first. At least thats what they told me on the phone. Mine arrives tomorrow! I'm a little afraid it'll be too loud (even with a '21 and a catted dp), but we'll find out soon!

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
One side uses the stock valve, and they've installed a second one on the other side that piggybacks off of the first. At least thats what they told me on the phone. Mine arrives tomorrow! I'm a little afraid it'll be too loud (even with a '21 and a catted dp), but we'll find out soon!
Oh that's interesting though with both valves closed there'd be no flow right? Lol

Please update us once yours arrives, how long did production take? I ordered mine yesterday just waiting for an ETA

Also does it come with a cat or does it reuse the stock cat? All photos I've seen online it comes with that exhaust piece but no cat on it

Also sound video please I ordered the catless DP from them also. It's gonna be loud but I'm hoping the valves curtail some of the sound on cold starts. Still want the neighbours to like me...

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Oh that's interesting though with both valves closed there'd be no flow right? Lol

Please update us once yours arrives, how long did production take? I ordered mine yesterday just waiting for an ETA

Also sound video please I ordered the catless DP from them also. It's gonna be loud but I'm hoping the valves curtail some of the sound on cold starts. Still want the neighbours to like me...
If you look at the unit right where the midpipe joins in, it immediately splits and 4 parallel pipes run to the end, before merging again right before the tip. So with two closed, two are still open, which may be why some say the valves don't do a ton.

I ordered from Speed Industry and they originally told me a 6-8 week waiting period. It shipped within one week. Unfortunately they sent me the unvalved version first, so I had to return it, and the replacement is supposed to come tomorrow. It was also a bit of a surprise that they only tip option available right now is the blued one, though they initially told me polished (my preferred) was available. I think Boost Logic is keeping things simple during the pandemic, and vendors are just a bit clueless.

Yeah will try and get some video when installing. It's kind of annoying how few there are. The official BL one is useless because of the dyno noise, and no stock to compare to, haha.

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If you look at the unit right where the midpipe joins in, it immediately splits and 4 parallel pipes run to the end, before merging again right before the tip. So with two closed, two are still open, which may be why some say the valves don't do a ton.

I ordered from Speed Industry and they originally told me a 6-8 week waiting period. It shipped within one week. Unfortunately they sent me the unvalved version first, so I had to return it, and the replacement is supposed to come tomorrow. It was also a bit of a surprise that they only tip option available right now is the blued one, though they initially told me polished (my preferred) was available. I think Boost Logic is keeping things simple during the pandemic, and vendors are just a bit clueless.

Yeah will try and get some video when installing. It's kind of annoying how few there are. The official BL one is useless because of the dyno noise, and no stock to compare to, haha.
This is great info thanks! Will have to look at the photos closely again haha

Also does it come with a cat or does it reuse the stock cat? All photos I've seen online it comes with that exhaust piece but no cat on it

Yeah saw speed industry one but I ordered directly from BL so hopefully it's long a long turnaround.

As for the tips, I'm on with the burnt Ti look and they appear to be bolt on tips so surely can be replaced with polished in future at an extra cost. Or anything really since it's probably a standard pipe size

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
This is great info thanks! Will have to look at the photos closely again haha

Yeah saw speed industry one but I ordered directly from BL so hopefully it's long a long turnaround.

As for the tips, I'm on with the burnt Ti look and they appear to be bolt on tips so surely can be replaced with polished in future at an extra cost. Or anything really since it's probably a standard pipe size
Not totally sure what you mean with the cat part. The exhaust is cat-back, so it doesn't come with any downpipe. That'd be something you order separately (or reuse the entire stock downpipe).

If you ordered the boost logic catless downpipe it's just going to be an empty tube, no cat, and I doubt you can reuse the stock cat. The stock cat is a big beefy guy and probably welded/bonded into the stock downpipe pretty thoroughly. I went a slightly different route and have the akrapovic downpipe which is catted. I'm hoping to avoid cel and still pass NY emissions with that.

Tip wise I'll install the blue ones, but I'm thinking about having them ceramic (flat black) coated in order to look a little bit less high school. There are also a couple of cases of the tips melting the plastic diffuser, and coating should mitigate that. I believe the tip is single-walled, which exposes the plastic to a fair amount of heat. I also got some shielding I may try to stick to the edge of the diffuser, but that's an experiment, not sure it'll work or look alright.

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Not totally sure what you mean with the cat part. The exhaust is cat-back, so it doesn't come with any downpipe. That'd be something you order separately (or reuse the entire stock downpipe).

If you ordered the boost logic catless downpipe it's just going to be an empty tube, no cat, and I doubt you can reuse the stock cat. The stock cat is a big beefy guy and probably welded/bonded into the stock downpipe pretty thoroughly. I went a slightly different route and have the akrapovic downpipe which is catted. I'm hoping to avoid cel and still pass NY emissions with that.

Tip wise I'll install the blue ones, but I'm thinking about having them ceramic (flat black) coated in order to look a little bit less high school. There are also a couple of cases of the tips melting the plastic diffuser, and coating should mitigate that. I believe the tip is single-walled, which exposes the plastic to a fair amount of heat. I also got some shielding I may try to stick to the edge of the diffuser, but that's an experiment, not sure it'll work or look alright.
Sorry silly question, I thought this was a cat also but I think I'm realising now the only cat on the exhaust is in the DP right? Lol

Screenshot_20201007-230715~2.png

Yeah ordered the catless DP from BL also and ECUTEK from Visconti Tuning just hoping I'm not DME locked so I can actually use the catless without getting a CEL

If it's locked then I'll just use the stock DP and probably get a piggyback or send ECU away to get unlocked though that's going to put me off the road 2 weeks at least... Australia haha

Yeah I can imagine the diffuser getting hot cos of how close the tips get, keep us informed of what works well for you. Love the fact that tips can be removed so really can have a lot of options there

Worst case scenario you could always cut and weld the stock tips back on haha

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Sorry silly question, I thought this was a cat also but I think I'm realising now the only cat on the exhaust is in the DP right? Lol

Screenshot_20201007-230715~2.png

Yeah ordered the catless DP from BL also and ECUTEK from Visconti Tuning just hoping I'm not DME locked so I can actually use the catless without getting a CEL

If it's locked then I'll just use the stock DP and probably get a piggyback or send ECU away to get unlocked though that's going to put me off the road 2 weeks at least... Australia haha

Yeah I can imagine the diffuser getting hot cos of how close the tips get, keep us informed of what works well for you. Love the fact that tips can be removed so really can have a lot of options there

Worst case scenario you could always cut and weld the stock tips back on haha
That's just a resonator/stuffed canister, the only cat we have is the one on the downpipe. Your setup with the BL catback and the catless downpipe is gonna be one of the loudest setups you can possibly buy FYI

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
That's just a resonator/stuffed canister, the only cat we have is the one on the downpipe. Your setup with the BL catback and the catless downpipe is gonna be one of the loudest setups you can possibly buy FYI
OK thank you, keen to hear how it sounds! If it's too loud will just get a catted DP or go back to stock DP :rolleyes:
Sponsored