Best exhaust systems in the market??

Exhaust sustems

• Total voters

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Pretty interested in that Amuse, but also considering Boost Logic.

Curious what others think on diameter. One nice thing with boostlogic is that it'll be possible to never drop below 3.5" / 89mm, by hooking up to a downpipe with a 3.5" exit. The Amuse has the stock 3.15" / 80mm downpipe connection. I'm not sure how much that will really matter though in the 400-500hp area.

Other difference is noise, of course. The boostlogic has its reputation for loudness, but hard to know what that means in practice. Is it still within reason for a city? Does a '21 rather than a '20, and a catted downpipe calm it down enough it won't make people on sidewalks think there's been a drive-by? Noise is fun, but up to a point.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90

Curious what others think on diameter. One nice thing with boostlogic is that it'll be possible to never drop below 3.5" / 89mm, by hooking up to a downpipe with a 3.5" exit. The Amuse has the stock 3.15" / 80mm downpipe connection. I'm not sure how much that will really matter though in the 400-500hp area.

Other difference is noise, of course. The boostlogic has its reputation for loudness, but hard to know what that means in practice. Is it still within reason for a city? Does a '21 rather than a '20, and a catted downpipe calm it down enough it won't make people on sidewalks think there's been a drive-by? Noise is fun, but up to a point.
User on here traded his for an HKS because it was so loud. I believe AdamLZ installed it so maybe check his video on it

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86

I have the valved Boost Logic behind a Wagner Catted DP with stage 2 BM3

I've got use to the noise now & its really not too bad, its worse under acceleration, cruising is quite quiet inside the car.

Bear in mind our stock exhaust is quieter than the US one & the valve actuation is different as well, quieter

If you are concerned about noise get the valved system for sure

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
I have the valved Boost Logic behind a Wagner Catted DP with stage 2 BM3

I've got use to the noise now & its really not too bad, its worse under acceleration, cruising is quite quiet inside the car.

Bear in mind our stock exhaust is quieter than the US one & the valve actuation is different as well, quieter

If you are concerned about noise get the valved system for sure
Thanks that's helpful, so you feel it's civilized enough when you'd like it to be?

Was also looking at that Wagner DP. Like that they offer the HJS 300cpsi cat. Unfortunate they don't explicitly guarantee no CEL though.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
Thanks that's helpful, so you feel it's civilized enough when you'd like it to be?
Yes, that sums it up well.

In sport mode it pops & bangs, especially manually down shifting on the brakes, I don't have the aggressive tune

I changed the start up roar, GTS was way to loud,(scaring all the Grandmas in the car park loud) even the factory was a little much :)

Pinrut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Clarity Hybrid, 2020 Supra Premium Nocturnal
Are there any exhausts close to stock quietness with valve closed, but maybe 30% louder with valve open?

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Too bad there’s NO catback exhaust on the shelves!! Shopped around and there’s not one ready to be shipped! Waiting time on any is 3-4 weeks!!! I believe they want your money first, then they’ll fabricate it, or farm it out
If they don’t actually make it!

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Too bad there’s NO catback exhaust on the shelves!! Shopped around and there’s not one ready to be shipped! Waiting time on any is 3-4 weeks!!! I believe they want your money first, then they’ll fabricate it, or farm it out
If they don’t actually make it!
They say 3-4, can be faster. My boost logic showed up in about a week despite the long estimate. Kind of no big deal.

Compare that to the 11 month wait for a voltex wing, haha!