Best exhaust systems in the market??

Exhaust sustems

• Total voters

rev000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction
Put the boost logic on today, along with the akrapovic catted downpipe.

Well, I had been hoping that between being a 2021, a hefty cat, and the valves the sound would be a bit mitigated, but holy crap it's loud.

Cold start is the worst, it's pretty unreasonable. Concerned by that the most since I have to park in a valet garage. Poor guy's gonna have a heart attack and then kick me out.

Warm start is just one quick rev, will make bystanders jump but it's over fast.

The important thing though, is that comfort mode is totally civilized enough. Idle isn't any different from stock, and if you're cruising it's not far from that. Normal driving light acceleration is louder than stock but nothing crazy, just sounds like a performance car. Girlfriends and wives probably won't complain, if they didn't witness the start up.

Sport mode is party mode. Sounds amazing, and howls in top of rev range, which is what I was going for, just a bit of that LFA titanium howl. It doesn't pop/gunshot, just burbles, which I like. Probably more a 2021 thing than anything else. It used to make a little burp/fart when shifting quickly under power, that's gone now, or different enough I don't recognize it.

Think it's going to change the way I drive. Sport will be more for special occasions, where before I used it for anything but long highway cruising.

Don't take this negatively though, sounds and looks great. Feel like the car now sounds like it looks. Before it just sounded like an excitable camry to me. I just need to do something about that cold start. I wonder if tuning it out has any negative side effects.

Odds and ends:
- Lost some ground clearance. Lightly scraping on speedbumps I had no problem with before
- Something's burning, need to figure out what. The diffuser looks fine. Adjusting the tip placement isn't so easy though, but possible.

If anyone knows about tuning out cold start (reasons not to) I'd appreciate advice.

Will make a video eventually, but just a pic for now
5DA7BDA5-E14E-4915-92FF-46D5742A9C06.jpeg
burning smell is normal after installing a new exhaust. should go away as you put miles on it.
Sponsored

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
If anyone knows about tuning out cold start (reasons not to) I'd appreciate advice.
You can shut off the cold start, but once it's freezing out I would let it run for a minute or 2. Now imagine if your car had a catless downpipe haha, it's like hell being unleashed.

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Put the boost logic on today, along with the akrapovic catted downpipe.

Well, I had been hoping that between being a 2021, a hefty cat, and the valves the sound would be a bit mitigated, but holy crap it's loud.

Cold start is the worst, it's pretty unreasonable. Concerned by that the most since I have to park in a valet garage. Poor guy's gonna have a heart attack and then kick me out.

Warm start is just one quick rev, will make bystanders jump but it's over fast.

The important thing though, is that comfort mode is totally civilized enough. Idle isn't any different from stock, and if you're cruising it's not far from that. Normal driving light acceleration is louder than stock but nothing crazy, just sounds like a performance car. Girlfriends and wives probably won't complain, if they didn't witness the start up.

Sport mode is party mode. Sounds amazing, and howls in top of rev range, which is what I was going for, just a bit of that LFA titanium howl. It doesn't pop/gunshot, just burbles, which I like. Probably more a 2021 thing than anything else. It used to make a little burp/fart when shifting quickly under power, that's gone now, or different enough I don't recognize it.

Think it's going to change the way I drive. Sport will be more for special occasions, where before I used it for anything but long highway cruising.

Don't take this negatively though, sounds and looks great. Feel like the car now sounds like it looks. Before it just sounded like an excitable camry to me. I just need to do something about that cold start. I wonder if tuning it out has any negative side effects.

Odds and ends:
- Lost some ground clearance. Lightly scraping on speedbumps I had no problem with before
- Something's burning, need to figure out what. The diffuser looks fine. Adjusting the tip placement isn't so easy though, but possible.

Will make a video eventually, but just a pic for now
5DA7BDA5-E14E-4915-92FF-46D5742A9C06.jpeg
Whoa looks great! Is it just me of is the left tip hanging a little lower than the right?

Thanks for the write up, kinda wish I know how loud it was gonna be before dropping $8k AUD on it including Catless DP, shipping and customs fees though I guess I'll get it all installed then decide for myself if I can live with the sound.

The part about comfort mode driving around is reassuring as I did want something brutal sounding in Sport and tame in comfort but the cold start is a little concerning, may have to start it with the garage closed until I can get it tuned out.

As for the winter warm up thing I guess I'm parked in doors so it won't matter that much, just warm it up while driving for a few minutes.

Thanks again! Look forward to a video

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Whoa looks great! Is it just me of is the left tip hanging a little lower than the right?

Thanks for the write up, kinda wish I know how loud it was gonna be before dropping $8k AUD on it including Catless DP, shipping and customs fees though I guess I'll get it all installed then decide for myself if I can live with the sound.

The part about comfort mode driving around is reassuring as I did want something brutal sounding in Sport and tame in comfort but the cold start is a little concerning, may have to start it with the garage closed until I can get it tuned out.

As for the winter warm up thing I guess I'm parked in doors so it won't matter that much, just warm it up while driving for a few minutes.

The picture is slightly tilted, but maybe it is. I do need to do some fine tuning on the tip placement. Mainly the left tip is closer to the inner diffuser than I'd like, and the tip angles are a bit off. Shop kind of did things in the wrong order which made placement harder, and they eventually ran out of patience.

I watched all the videos I could before buying this, and it still surprised me how loud it is. So if you have a range of expectations... the high end.

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The picture is slightly tilted, but maybe it is. I do need to do some fine tuning on the tip placement. Mainly the left tip is closer to the inner diffuser than I'd like, and the tip angles are a bit off. Shop kind of did things in the wrong order which made placement harder, and they eventually ran out of patience.

I watched all the videos I could before buying this, and it still surprised me how loud it is. So if you have a range of expectations... the high end.
Did you use the springs or clamps for the adjustable section end for the tips? Sounds like a bit of mucking about TBH

I may end up selling this before putting it on haha wish I knew how it compared in real life to the HKS exhaust which was the other one I was considering

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Yeah clamps are all on there, though no springs on the left side, need to put those back. That was what I meant by wrong order. If you put the springs on before getting the tips lined up, it's very hard to move the tip around. It's hard enough moving it once mounted, let alone with the springs fighting you.

If you're between BL and HKS, consider the Amuse R1 Titan! It's the design of the HKS, but titanium. Expensive though.

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yeah clamps are all on there, though no springs on the left side, need to put those back. That was what I meant by wrong order. If you put the springs on before getting the tips lined up, it's very hard to move the tip around. It's hard enough moving it once mounted, let alone with the springs fighting you.

If you're between BL and HKS, consider the Amuse R1 Titan! It's the design of the HKS, but titanium. Expensive though.
BL already here so will most likely just install and see for myself. Thanks for info about the springs, so line up the tips first then put the springs on. Do you also need to put the clamps on that section along with the springs or just the springs?

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
BL already here so will most likely just install and see for myself. Thanks for info about the springs, so line up the tips first then put the springs on. Do you also need to put the clamps on that section along with the springs or just the springs?
I did both clamps and springs. Seems like overkill, but manufacturer probably knows best.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86

Its going to be loud with the catless DP, especially considering our stock exhaust is quieter than the US 2020

I have got used to my BL exhaust now, nearly took it off initially as I'm 54 not 34 :)

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Its going to be loud with the catless DP, especially considering our stock exhaust is quieter than the US 2020

I have got used to my BL exhaust now, nearly took it off initially as I'm 54 not 34 :)
Coincidentally I am 34...

Day 2 driving with the boostlogic I've still got mixed feelings. Less "worried" more "do I like this?"

It sounds so good at high rpm, adds a lot to the whole experience. Makes it a little scary, which is fun. Had a couple goes in a tunnel, pretty amazing.

The noise at like 2500rpm is my hang up now. It's louder than it should be there, even in comfort when you're going like 20 with only modest acceleration. It's not too loud in an absolute sense, but in those conditions it shouldn't be loud at all. That's ricer civic behavior, which is cool in a car that's meant to be like that (my s14 makes a furious noise city driving and I love it, bc it's just that kind of car), but something's fake about a new supra sounding that way.

Going to give it some more time. Can tell I'm getting acclimated, but I'm not positive that's a good thing, haha.

All totally subjective things, of course, just sharing thoughts, and don't mean to offend anyone. Hopefully helps anyone still pondering.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)

Day 2 driving with the boostlogic I've still got mixed feelings. Less "worried" more "do I like this?"

It sounds so good at high rpm, adds a lot to the whole experience. Makes it a little scary, which is fun. Had a couple goes in a tunnel, pretty amazing.

The noise at like 2500rpm is my hang up now. It's louder than it should be there, even in comfort when you're going like 20 with only modest acceleration. It's not too loud in an absolute sense, but in those conditions it shouldn't be loud at all. That's ricer civic behavior, which is cool in a car that's meant to be like that (my s14 makes a furious noise city driving and I love it, bc it's just that kind of car), but something's fake about a new supra sounding that way.

Going to give it some more time. Can tell I'm getting acclimated, but I'm not positive that's a good thing, haha.

All totally subjective things, of course, just sharing thoughts, and don't mean to offend anyone. Hopefully helps anyone still pondering.
Sounds very similar to my experience, sorry can't remember is yours valved ?

PS you will get used to it :)

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
It is valved, and I appreciate the valves a lot. There's pretty good distinction between sport and comfort, happy with that.
Yes well worth it

Seen people say they are a waste of time, best way to test is to cruise in manual mode & toggle between sport & comfort.

genoxy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

I'm 35 haha maybe that extra year makes the difference

Loving the first impression info you have, I think I've decided to sell it before it even arrives and just go with catless DP and stock exhaust as that would sound loud but not as loud as BL with catless

Wish there was this sort of info before I bought it but kinda happy I started asking the questions here so other will see issues like how loud they are, melting diffusers, fitment issues etc depends how much you'd love the exhaust, weight reduction I guess but personally I couldn't live with it and still have a relationship with my neighbours...

Can always do a muffler delete on the stock if I'm feeling crazy one day

Came across this video also about our valves in Australia being useless, not sure if that's the same in NZ Kiwi Greg maybe you can let us know?