Best valved exhaust on the market?

Ryan6957

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Turbulence Grey Supra 3.0 Premium
I've been searching through the forms but I haven't found a concrete answer. I have an Armytrix catless downpipe, I like the way it sounds with the valves closed with it quieting down, but I'm looking for a louder exhaust with really loud pops and bangs with it open. There's an Armytrix valved exhaust on the marketplace going for 1500 and I'm tempted but I'm looking for some recommendations.
Sponsored

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
There simply isn’t a best valved exhaust on the market. There are a ton of great ones besides most sound very similar. so you need to cut through the BS and choose what you like aesthetically and which provide the best flow and best tone.

I chose Active Autowerke for a simple reason. Everyone already is buying their 3.5” downpipe and pairing it with their exhaust of choice, but only a handful of exhausts also are 3.5” catbacks. Active Autowerke is then 3.5” all the way back so I decided to stick with them as it’ll be best for power.

this was my personal decision after a few weeks of reading and listening to tons of videos. Mine gets installed next week, as my car is brand new with a few hundred miles on it. I’ll be sure to get the exhaust to downpipe connection modified so there is no neck down to 3.1”

if you’re looking for loudest, take a look at designs and make sure you choose a brand that bypasses the muffler entirely with the valve open.

AA, Dinan and Magnaflow were at the top of my list for this reason.

Last edited:

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Best? In what ways.

I would say Akrapovic for titanium and quality.

Bang for buck? Remark.

Armytrix is on a good sale right now that we can help with.

-Josh

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
There simply isn’t a best valved exhaust on the market. There are a ton of great ones besides most sound very similar. so you need to cut through the BS and choose what you like aesthetically and which provide the best flow and best tone.

I chose Active Autowerke for a simple reason. Everyone already is buying their 3.5” downpipe and pairing it with their exhaust of choice, but only a handful of exhausts also are 3.5” catbacks. Active Autowerke is then 3.5” all the way back so I decided to stick with them as it’ll be best for power.

this was my personal decision after a few weeks of reading and listening to tons of videos. Mine gets installed next week, as my car is brand new with a few hundred miles on it.

if you’re looking for loudest, take a look at designs and make sure you choose a brand that bypasses the muffler entirely with the valve open.

Dinan and Magnaflow were at the top of my list for this reason.
Just so you're aware the AA downpipe tapers down to the OEM 3.15 inches where it meets the exhaust, so the bottleneck at that spot will still be there.

Ruman

First Name
Ruman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium

this was my personal decision after a few weeks of reading and listening to tons of videos. Mine gets installed next week, as my car is brand new with a few hundred miles on it.

Dinan and Magnaflow were at the top of my list for this reason.
I got the AA downpipe paired with the AA exhaust and have been loving it. With the valves closed it is only a little bit louder than stock exhaust, but when valves are open the sound gets a lot deeper and louder. The pops and bangs are also really loud.

Here is a video of mine with valve closed and open. Not revving too high so the pops aren't too loud in the video.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I got the AA downpipe paired with the AA exhaust and have been loving it. With the valves closed it is only a little bit louder than stock exhaust, but when valves are open the sound gets a lot deeper and louder. The pops and bangs are also really loud.

Here is a video of mine with valve closed and open. Not revving too high so the pops aren't too loud in the video.
ditto for great combo, what I am currently rocking, how many miles have you had it on? any noticeable changes?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
2 port, armytrix catless dp, ark dts exhaust
this sounds really good, love the whale up top.

Ruman

First Name
Ruman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
ditto for great combo, what I am currently rocking, how many miles have you had it on? any noticeable changes?
I bought it used with around 3000 miles on it and added another 1500 since installing it. Haven't noticed any changes since installing.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
TBH the B58 sounds pretty generic and well, vanilla.

With a catless DP, I would say Dinan.

Only reason why I dislike the Dinan is I don't like the muffler design and the tip options.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
There are 2 different configurations that impact the sound with the B58 as far as I know:

9fc11105341a1d3890e17f9bbc5cf02a__85349.1670007853.jpg

awetuning-3015-32116.jpg

Titanium will sound a little raspier as well

crussell122

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91 Refraction Blue Supra
I really like my Valvetronic setup. Valves closed vs open is night and day, especially with a catless downpipe. I'm sure Armytrix is similar, same with Fi.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Best in terms of quality has to be Akrapovic but there are lots of excellent options for a fraction of the price.
Sponsored