Beware of Continental Toyota in Hodgkins, IL

OP
OP

duke8253

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
OMG you haven't read anything apart from the headline in the article you linked have you. The dealership were fined for charging for VIN etching they "WERE NOT DOING" among other transgressions AND in the article it not only points out that VIN etching itself "ISN'T A SCAM" and that "plenty of Police and insurance companies" themselves recommend VIN etching and some insurance companies even offer a discount on the comprehensive portion of their policies for VIN etching. Congrats your an ace internet trawler. Now you just need to lean how to read the stuff you've trawled.

Phil
And you need to read the full article, not just a few sentences in it. It’s the act of the dishonest that is the scam, or do you still not understand? As long as they’re trying to get money from customers while being dishonest about it, it is a scam.

Also there are way more reports on this matter, but since you don’t know how to search, I doubt you’ll ever read them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Danimal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
You’ve entered an argument with someone that entered this conversation with no real arguement. Any point he’s trying to make is unclear and randomly shifts from post to post and even within a single post. Remember; he originally posted to your thread about avoiding a dealer to say you should shop elsewhere because, hey, free market. No $h!t dude, that’s the thread. You’ve now let him lead you down a pointless path on window etching where he’s trying to play ‘gotcha’ over semantics of an article. His ‘stance’ or overall message here is non-existent, so taking his ‘bait’ isn’t worth your time.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Yeah I wouldn't want the etching done to my cars glass either way (charge or no charge). It's just another mark up to pad the dealers end number. Probably cost them $50 internally.

As for the paint protection (polish, wax or ceramic coating of some sort). Another massive dealer profit maker. Internal cost $100 or so. Hard pass imo.

Seeing what this dealer is doing prior to a purchase... wait until you sit down in front of the finance department (that's where the real dealer mark up and profit is made). Eg... rim and tire protection, windshield protection, door ding protection, interior protection, pre-paid maintenance, extended warranty, blah, blah, blah. Decline, decline, decline. High pressure sells!

The paint protection film (ppf) is typically noted on the window sticker from the manufacturer and installed at port. Suggested for the Supra.

I hope this insight is helpful.

V8KillaMKV

First Name
Jas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra premium 3.0 2023
To OP if you want there is supra 2024 white color sitting in stockton ca, with mark up of 5k on original price!! Talk to Kevin sales manager . Ask them theybare willing to drop the mark up since you are buying it from out of state for Shipping.

oreobbq

First Name
oreo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91 Refraction Blue
That protection package may not even be ppf. Could be whatever spit shine they claim to throw on there, which adds zero value to your vehicle. It’s deceptive.

Lol @ that guy talking about free markets. Bro, just take it in the rear like I do if you’re strong enuff.

OP
OP

duke8253

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
To OP if you want there is supra 2024 white color sitting in stockton ca, with mark up of 5k on original price!! Talk to Kevin sales manager . Ask them theybare willing to drop the mark up since you are buying it from out of state for Shipping.
I'm gonna wait for mine to move out of the hold status, it's been on hold for about three weeks now (since 4/26), and from search it looks like toyota updates the hold status only on Fridays?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
And you need to read the full article, not just a few sentences in it. It’s the act of the dishonest that is the scam, or do you still not understand? As long as they’re trying to get money from customers while being dishonest about it, it is a scam.

Also there are way more reports on this matter, but since you don’t know how to search, I doubt you’ll ever read them.
Don't even bother arguing with him. He writes paragraphs of things to sound smart but historically when actually pressed and challenged, he has fallen short every time, or tries to deflect and talk about his wife's Mercedes.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
That protection package may not even be ppf. Could be whatever spit shine they claim to throw on there, which adds zero value to your vehicle. It’s deceptive.

Lol @ that guy talking about free markets. Bro, just take it in the rear like I do if you’re strong enuff.
oh-yeah.gif
Sponsored