BF Goodrich G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S PLUS Opinions?

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Hmmmm....I really would prefer the Michelins as I have had great experience with their tires.

I guess it depends, technically she won't need them until Oct/Nov and could drive around on the OEMs and maybe production might start again? But if there is a market for the OEMs with like 20 miles on them it might be worth to get the BFs when she gets it.
You can still sell them. Even brand new people won’t pay full price so either way you’ll lose a little money.
I say drive on them until you’re ready to switch tires. The OEM are okay in rain but dont race in the rain and for sureavoid standing puddles
Sponsored

OP
OP
spta97

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
You can still sell them. Even brand new people won’t pay full price so either way you’ll lose a little money.
I say drive on them until you’re ready to switch tires. The OEM are okay in rain but dont race in the rain and for sureavoid standing puddles
Good info. We'll see once we get the car and take it from there.

What's wrong with the OEMs and puddles?

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Good info. We'll see once we get the car and take it from there.

What's wrong with the OEMs and puddles?
They are summer tires. I saw a post on here with a picture of a Supra on a tow truck and captioned “don’t speed through standing puddles”

these puddles are the ones at the bottom of a hilly road or the sides of the highway. It’ll happen to all cars, you will hit a puddle and the car will fight with you to a certain direction. But with summer tires it could be harder to correct?
ive had no issues so far. But I drive below speed limit in the rain and in normal mode.
I had a vw cc rline with nitto misimo all season tires and I didn’t give a shit in the rain and still went 80+. Hydroplaned a lot but always able to correct it.

after typing this... I’m probably not a good reference on this forum ?

OP
OP
spta97

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
They are summer tires. I saw a post on here with a picture of a Supra on a tow truck and captioned “don’t speed through standing puddles”

these puddles are the ones at the bottom of a hilly road or the sides of the highway. It’ll happen to all cars, you will hit a puddle and the car will fight with you to a certain direction. But with summer tires it could be harder to correct?
ive had no issues so far. But I drive below speed limit in the rain and in normal mode.
I had a vw cc rline with nitto misimo all season tires and I didn’t give a shit in the rain and still went 80+. Hydroplaned a lot but always able to correct it.

after typing this... I’m probably not a good reference on this forum ?
Yikes - usually summer tires are good in the rain but I agree all tires (unless they have very deep tread blocks) suffer from this.

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
I know this thread is kind of old now, but would anybody be able to post some pics of their car with the Comp 2 A/S (preferably one being of the full side profile of the car)? I bought a set back in May, but recently saw the Michelin AS4s are now available in the Supra's size and am now debating returning the Comp 2's and grabbing those instead. I'm also a bit worried the "knobby" aspect of the Comp 2's might not look too great on the car.

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
I know this thread is kind of old now, but would anybody be able to post some pics of their car with the Comp 2 A/S (preferably one being of the full side profile of the car)? I bought a set back in May, but recently saw the Michelin AS4s are now available in the Supra's size and am now debating returning the Comp 2's and grabbing those instead. I'm also a bit worried the "knobby" aspect of the Comp 2's might not look too great on the car.
Here ya go. I wouldn't consider them knobby at all.
20210327_124308.jpg

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
Wow thank you so much! I have the exact same color so this helps a lot. How would you say they perform vs. the Super Sports the car came with?
Tbh, I didn't push them very hard as I was in my break-in period when I had them on, but for normal driving, they were excellent. Sidewalls are pretty stiff, so I'd imagine they would do pretty well in the corners. Overall a little quieter than the super sports, but they also made a slight whirring sound proportional to your speed. Not bad, just noticeable.

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Tbh, I didn't push them very hard as I was in my break-in period when I had them on, but for normal driving, they were excellent. Sidewalls are pretty stiff, so I'd imagine they would do pretty well in the corners. Overall a little quieter than the super sports, but they also made a slight whirring sound proportional to your speed. Not bad, just noticeable.
Okay sweet. I was a bit worried about the 'W' rating having a possible effect on cornering so that's good to know. Actually kind of looking forward to getting them fitted for the fall.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Thanks for the feedback. Looking at the pic they do not appear too "knobby". Is this the same version you had?

My only concern with these is the siping does not look too aggressive...but the reviews do look good.
Sorry, havent been here in a while. Yes, that’s what I had. Looks fine in pictures. Maybe they changed them or it’s the picture making them look subtle from the side. They we’re definitely aggressive looking for the side profile. Many people commented on it. Still would buy them. They were a great all around tire. Immean they won’t match a summer tire for ultimate grip but as an all season they are great IMO.
Sponsored