Bimmertech - Wireless Android Auto

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Hah. That's exactly how I fixed it. The update to AA must have needed an initial wired connection first.
Good stuff, glad you got it working again.
Sponsored

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Has anyone used this AA method with the latest Android version 12? For some unknown reason, they've decided to ditch the AA stand-alone app altogether, so I'm curious if this is still a viable workaround.
Yeah it works still with 12. You have to search Android Auto in the phones settings to get into the app.

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
12 works fine on my Pixel 6 Pro. I do have BT issues now though where things get slow on interface and choppy music. I believe it's a phone issue more than a bimmer tech issue.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
12 works fine on my Pixel 6 Pro. I do have BT issues now though where things get slow on interface and choppy music. I believe it's a phone issue more than a bimmer tech issue.
Go into the bimmer tech options and change your wifi channel to the middle option. Works wonders. Wireless runs just as smooth as wired now. I'm also on a Pixel 6 in Pro btw.

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Hey all, I've just placed an order for a new Supra and like so many on here looking for a AA solution. For those who have done it would you still recommend it? Has anyone tried cheaper Chinese alternatives? Or BMW ID6 variants?

Also does it relay nav to the HUD?

Thanks

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Hey all, I've just placed an order for a new Supra and like so many on here looking for a AA solution. For those who have done it would you still recommend it? Has anyone tried cheaper Chinese alternatives? Or BMW ID6 variants?

Also does it relay nav to the HUD?

Thanks
One user installed an Andream EVO mmi and confirmed that it worked.
Sponsored