Bimmertech - Wireless Android Auto

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
So install was straight forward. Signed up for my remote session for coding 3 days out. I decided I would check in bimmercode for the switch to activate aux. Foundit in simple aux and sound is rolling. Only complaint now is the screen scaling gets wonky on occasion. Anyone know what all coding is going on during the remote setting outside simple aux? Really hate to wait 3 more days to get things sorted if it's a simple bimmercode switch.
Sponsored

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Anyone else have issues with Bimmertech support?

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
So install was straight forward. Signed up for my remote session for coding 3 days out. I decided I would check in bimmercode for the switch to activate aux. Foundit in simple aux and sound is rolling. Only complaint now is the screen scaling gets wonky on occasion. Anyone know what all coding is going on during the remote setting outside simple aux? Really hate to wait 3 more days to get things sorted if it's a simple bimmercode switch.
Any update on this? I don't want to have to spend an extra $100 on a cable and coding session :rolleyes:

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you have bimmercode don't waste the money on a coding session/cable. I'd have to go back and find the setting but it's the Aux 1 you need to make active. Updated firmware fixed all scaling issues.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you have bimmercode don't waste the money on a coding session/cable. I'd have to go back and find the setting but it's the Aux 1 you need to make active. Updated firmware fixed all scaling issues.
Awesome good to know, appreciate it.

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Can you share a copy of the updated firmware? Thank you!

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Anyone know if there is an update for the firmware on this? AA stopped working for me.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Anyone know if there is an update for the firmware on this? AA stopped working for me.
I don't believe so, I actually just checked my units version to the website a few days ago and it matched.

What is happening with yours? Is it not booting up at all?

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It will connect the phone and show connected in the MMI but won't connect/boot AA. AA is running on my phone and I have the latest ver. installed.

Where on their website does it show the current firmware ver?

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It will connect the phone and show connected in the MMI but won't connect/boot AA. AA is running on my phone and I have the latest ver. installed.

Where on their website does it show the current firmware ver?

I honestly don't know. I came across it by accident looking up the connection instructions for AA because I got a new phone.

Have you tried connecting it via usb cable to see if it boots?

RichC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
I have the Andream in my BMW X3 and it is... Okay. I find the sound a bit off as it goes through the AUX and then uses the Andream internal amplifier.
What is the bimmertech one like? Does that use AUX for audio? Do you have to change it manually or have bimmertech managed to automate the switch?

What's people's experience like?

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I honestly don't know. I came across it by accident looking up the connection instructions for AA because I got a new phone.

Have you tried connecting it via usb cable to see if it boots?
Hah. That's exactly how I fixed it. The update to AA must have needed an initial wired connection first.

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have the Andream in my BMW X3 and it is... Okay. I find the sound a bit off as it goes through the AUX and then uses the Andream internal amplifier.
What is the bimmertech one like? Does that use AUX for audio? Do you have to change it manually or have bimmertech managed to automate the switch?

What's people's experience like?
It uses the aux. It's simple to change to aux on using bimmercode and a dongle. Otherwise bimmertech charges for a cable and service fee to do it. It's robbery in my opinion to suck a person into paying for a cable and service rather than bimmercode and a dongle for less money. Can't hardly screw it up.
Sponsored