darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
The Supra MKV is a car that I absolutely love, but even for how much I love the car it still has horrible blind spots. Luckily many of use have the Blidspot Detection building into our mirrors. I was wondering if there was a setting that we could also start beeping when we signal and someone is in our blindspot rather then relying on just the mirrors and the light.

Light is better then nothing, but Audio is a nice reminder/notification. Or does that not exist for our cars? :(
Sponsored

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm pretty sure your steering wheel is going to vibrate if you are merging while someone is in your blind spot (unless you turned it off or if im confusing this with some other feature that vibrates your wheel). Otherwise, I'm not aware of any beeping features (I'd turn that off too if it came that way).

Edit* also, the blindspot monitor is adjustable to early, medium, and late if you need more heads up.

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
yes. your steering wheel will vibrate if you turn on your signals and theres someone in the blind spot. the light on the side mirror will also flash too. not that ive done it (hit someone) but always false alarms on mine especially for like a more than 2 lane left turns and theres someone on my left it would false alarm me taht theres someone in my blind spot when in reality we are both turning left. (same goes with right turns)

sorry for the confusing explanation. hope it kind of make sense. but in regards to audible notifications.. havent found one :dunno: maybe by coding?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm also wondering about this. Hopping from one vehicle with beep to Supra without beep resulted in a near miss. Got honked by a grandma! Most embarrassed ever. :oops:
Any way to Bimmer code this in?

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
This video was an eye opener. No more blindspots

I tried this setup before, but it makes the mirrors absolutely useless for backing up in a straight line since they're angled away from the car so much.

ZtoSupra

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 Supra, ‘08 FJ; traded ‘03 Touring Z
The Supra MKV is a car that I absolutely love, but even for how much I love the car it still has horrible blind spots. Luckily many of use have the Blidspot Detection building into our mirrors. I was wondering if there was a setting that we could also start beeping when we signal and someone is in our blindspot rather then relying on just the mirrors and the light.

Light is better then nothing, but Audio is a nice reminder/notification. Or does that not exist for our cars? :(
No extra beeps for me, please!

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
I tried this setup before, but it makes the mirrors absolutely useless for backing up in a straight line since they're angled away from the car so much.
I learned to use my mirrors that way with one of my first cars, a 1972 Mustang Mach1, which was far the worst I've ever experienced. I've used that technique with other sports cars with poor visibility, and with cars with excellent visibility. I can still use the mirrors for parking my Supra; I just have to lean a bit toward the passenger side.

Ale81

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350
Fortunately the Supra has a backup camera that is helpful when backing up.

j50gt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra 3.0
Fortunately the Supra has a backup camera that is helpful when backing up.
Yeah I'd think that should solve the problem. I just don't have a Supra yet and my current car doesn't have a backup camera, haha.

ZtoSupra

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 Supra, ‘08 FJ; traded ‘03 Touring Z
Why don’t you use the back-up camera?
Sponsored