BM3 and MHD Question

Durk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
I have a catted downpipe so not super worried about passing emissions for state inspection, but wondering if being tuned on bm3/mhd would stop any readiness monitors for state inspection with obd plug in? My tuner for my last car made it work even catless(cobb) but new to the supra platform and wanted to confirm.
Sponsored

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Yes, both of them support that ability to make your check engine light turn off - all systems will be marked as Ready, except the rear 02 test will be marked as NOT READY, which depending on your emissions test might be enough to pass. You should look up Vermont emissions test monitor requirements to see if it will be enough.

OP
OP

Durk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
Yes, both of them support that ability to make your check engine light turn off - all systems will be marked as Ready, except the rear 02 test will be marked as NOT READY, which depending on your emissions test might be enough to pass. You should look up Vermont emissions test monitor requirements to see if it will be enough.
There are 2 O2 sensors on the Supra correct? My subaru had 2 and the rear would not show up but would pass as long as the front was working.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
That is correct. One pre cat that is used for the computer to monitor fuel trims, and post cat to verifiy the catalytic converter is working correctly. They are both on the "downpipe" from the turbo.
Sponsored