MHD or ECUtek or BM3?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Ok, so basically I get the cable, my laptop, download their software then flash it to the car (after I get my DME bench/remote unlocked) and lets say the OTS maps are stage 1 91, stage 2 93, stage 2 e30, stage 2 e50, they are all flashed to the car and I can select them already through the steering wheel controls? Or do I have to manually use the laptop method to flash the different tunes everytime I want to switch? (this was the process for my Honda's so thats why Im a bit confused)
If you flash a multimap (stage 1 or 2), you can switch between ACN91,92,93,Stock via steering wheel. Multimap also supports flex fuel. Any map slot can take advantage of ethanol percentages.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SilverMk5

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 - 2000 S2000 - 2013 Civic Si Cpe
If you flash a multimap (stage 1 or 2), you can switch between ACN91,92,93,Stock via steering wheel. Multimap also supports flex fuel. Any map slot can take advantage of ethanol percentages.
Ahh I see, so its just switching between octanes on a certain "stage" then? Not switching between stages

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Ahh I see, so its just switching between octanes on a certain "stage" then? Not switching between stages
There is no multistage map.

Stage 1 Vs Stage 2 is based on the required hardware. For stage 2 you need an aftermarket downpipe. So there would be no need for steering wheel Stage changing, unless you're ripping off your downpipe frequently, lol

Pick you stage, flash the multimap, and cycle between Octane levels as needed.

OP
OP
SilverMk5

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Okok thanks again everyone! Looks like I have a decent understanding on everything, greatly appreciate everyone help!

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
If you have an ethanol sensor kit installed, you use the BM3 multi-map and follow the instructions on that map. You use the steering wheel buttons to load a configuration within that tune. The configurations don't change power, but do change things like burble settings. For example: the 93 multi-map assumes you have 93 octane in the tank as a minimum, but will automatically become more aggressive as you add ethanol on top. Config 1 could be that tune with very aggressive burble, config 2 could be that tune with none.

If you don't have an ethanol sensor, you simply pick the one map that matches your fuel situation and flash it. For example, if you put E30 in the tank, you flash the E30 map. If you stop running E30, you'll need to switch fuel + flash a map that matches.

OP
OP
SilverMk5

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you have an ethanol sensor kit installed, you use the BM3 multi-map and follow the instructions on that map. You use the steering wheel buttons to load a configuration within that tune. The configurations don't change power, but do change things like burble settings. For example: the 93 multi-map assumes you have 93 octane in the tank as a minimum, but will automatically become more aggressive as you add ethanol on top. Config 1 could be that tune with very aggressive burble, config 2 could be that tune with none.

If you don't have an ethanol sensor, you simply pick the one map that matches your fuel situation and flash it. For example, if you put E30 in the tank, you flash the E30 map. If you stop running E30, you'll need to switch fuel + flash a map that matches.
Thanks for the added information. Lets say I flash the multimap stage 2 setup. I see on vidoes that the multimap packages only have regular gas maps like ACN91, 91, 93 etc, is there a way to get say on a multimap package to go from 91, 93, e30 etc? Or would I have to pay for a custom thing

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Thanks for the added information. Lets say I flash the multimap stage 2 setup. I see on vidoes that the multimap packages only have regular gas maps like ACN91, 91, 93 etc, is there a way to get say on a multimap package to go from 91, 93, e30 etc? Or would I have to pay for a custom thing
If you added flex fuel hardware it would do it automatically when you put e30 in.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The multi-map automatically scales engine timing/power as ethanol content increases. The OEM fuel setup can handle up to E60 without any issues. E60 + Multi-Map is going to be the biggest power combo on the stock turbo and stock fueling. There are multiple multi-maps configured for the base gasoline you use before adding ethanol. For example, the ACN91 multi-map assumes your base fuel is Arizona/California/Nevada 91 octane + added ethanol. on top to reach xx% ethanol. The 93 multi-map assumes your base fuel is US 93 octane, then ethanol on top.

But the multi-map requires the car be equipped with a flex fuel setup.

In short:

• If only running 93 -> flash and use 93 map -> if fuel changes, flash another tune
  • If running 93 with catless DP -> flash use 93 stage 2 ("agg") map -> if fuel changes, flash another tune
  • If running ACN 91 -> flash and use ACN 91 map -> if fuel changes, flash another tune
  • If car has flex fuel kit installed -> flash and use stage 1 multi-map
  • If car has flex fuel kit installed + catless DP -> stage 2 multi-map
    • For multi-map flashes: gas tank must have fuel matching the bare minimum described by app, but can run up to E60 without any reflashing or map switching. In other words: if you flash the 93 Stage 2 multi-map, your fuel must be 93 or better. Don't pump 91. But that means you could pump 50% 93 and 50% ethanol and drive off without doing anything.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Take a log once in a while and post it up or send it to me.
You can also send the logs to BM3 support or MHD. I've harassed Halim many times at PTF. They can always make suggestions to you to run a lower octane map or make small tweaks, if you don't know what you're looking for.
I'm currently running Bm3's Multimap stage 2 ots tune. I will do a pull this weekend from 0-200km with a friend Porsche 911 turbo(991.1) to see my timings. I will send over a Data log, just make sure everything is running right. Thank you for the heads up @zrk @ArmenLS1.

OP
OP
SilverMk5

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The multi-map automatically scales engine timing/power as ethanol content increases. The OEM fuel setup can handle up to E60 without any issues. E60 + Multi-Map is going to be the biggest power combo on the stock turbo and stock fueling. There are multiple multi-maps configured for the base gasoline you use before adding ethanol. For example, the ACN91 multi-map assumes your base fuel is Arizona/California/Nevada 91 octane + added ethanol. on top to reach xx% ethanol. The 93 multi-map assumes your base fuel is US 93 octane, then ethanol on top.

But the multi-map requires the car be equipped with a flex fuel setup.

In short:

• If only running 93 -> flash and use 93 map -> if fuel changes, flash another tune
  • If running 93 with catless DP -> flash use 93 stage 2 ("agg") map -> if fuel changes, flash another tune
  • If running ACN 91 -> flash and use ACN 91 map -> if fuel changes, flash another tune
  • If car has flex fuel kit installed -> flash and use stage 1 multi-map
  • If car has flex fuel kit installed + catless DP -> stage 2 multi-map
    • For multi-map flashes: gas tank must have fuel matching the bare minimum described by app, but can run up to E60 without any reflashing or map switching. In other words: if you flash the 93 Stage 2 multi-map, your fuel must be 93 or better. Don't pump 91. But that means you could pump 50% 93 and 50% ethanol and drive off without doing anything.
So if I'm pumping 94 from chevron and I flash the stage 2 multimap and set it on the 93 oct map through my wheel, and lets say I go on a road trip and theres only 91 available, can I switch the map back to a 91 map on the wheel, or I should only be running the multistage maps if I'm running ethanol.?

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Run multi-map and use the 93 map on steering wheel, because the map is for 93 or better. Switch to the 91 map on the steering wheel when you pump 91. This all makes a lot more sense when you have the app and can read the text descriptions of each tune.

Last edited:

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
So if I'm pumping 94 from chevron and I flash the stage 2 multimap and set it on the 93 oct map through my wheel, and lets say I go on a road trip and theres only 91 available, can I switch the map back to a 91 map on the wheel, or I should only be running the multistage maps if I'm running ethanol.?
That would be the advantage to the multimap. Or even use 91 ACN if it's trash gas. Lot's of areas between provinces don't have 94 octane.

P.S. I've heard Chevron 94 is kinda crappy compared to the Petro Can 94 I have here in the east. Always log. Log, log, log, log. Your 94 might not even work with the 93 map. So log everything.

OP
OP
SilverMk5

SilverMk5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That would be the advantage to the multimap. Or even use 91 ACN if it's trash gas. Lot's of areas between provinces don't have 94 octane.

P.S. I've heard Chevron 94 is kinda crappy compared to the Petro Can 94 I have here in the east. Always log. Log, log, log, log. Your 94 might not even work with the 93 map. So log everything.
I usually fill up either shell 93 or chevron 94, whichever is ore convient or better priced during the time. I’ve heard chevron in the west is pretty good, all my Vancouver car guys run chevron 94
Sponsored