BM3 + Cold Air Intake

A_Warm_Gun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition, 2004 Subaru WRX (Modded)
If I add an Injen cold air intake to a Supra that already has a Bootmod3 installed, will it need a tune? Thanks.
Sponsored

dc2r

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BMW M3
I was told no by a tuner, but he also cautioned to research properly because some intakes will throw a code that can’t be written out. He also said stock airboxes are best unless you are running big turbos, etc. and open intakes are only good for noise.

OP
OP
A_Warm_Gun

A_Warm_Gun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was told no by a tuner, but he also cautioned to research properly because some intakes will throw a code that can’t be written out. He also said stock airboxes are best unless you are running big turbos, etc. and open intakes are only good for noise.
Okay, thank you. In my reading I'm finding cold air intake systems don't seem to be as helpful regarding increasing hp (they just sound and look cool). I think I will likely skip it and just do bm3.

Last edited:

dc2r

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BMW M3
Be cautious about doing bm3 or anything else similar. BMW is now able to detect changes when doing diagnostics, which can adversely affect your factory warranty should you experience an engine related failure of some sort.

OP
OP
A_Warm_Gun

A_Warm_Gun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Be cautious about doing bm3 or anything else similar. BMW is now able to detect changes when doing diagnostics, which can adversely affect your factory warranty should you experience an engine related failure of some sort.
I'm glad you mentioned this. I paid extra for 10 year warranty. I would hate to flush all that cash down the drain. Maybe I won't get after all. Just wouldn't mind eking out some more HP from my ride. GAZOO RACING and TRD don't seem to have anything available regarding performance parts for A90. I wish they did though, as wouldn't effect warranty.
Sponsored