Borla ATAK catback exhaust cold start

Armando

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
For those of you who have the Borla ATAK catback exhaust, I notice that the sport mode valve always closes when the car is turned off, and that in a cold start, regardless of whether you start the car in sport mode, the valve remains closed for a while until it then opens up on its own. On non-cold starts and in sport mode, the car does start up with the valve open. Can those of you who have this system confirm the same happens to you.
Sponsored

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Pull the fuse, and will be open all the time

OP
OP

Armando

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Pull the fuse, and will be open all the time
I donā€™t want it open all the time. I want it open on cold starts if I start the car in sport mode, like with the OEM exhaust.

OP
OP

Armando

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
OEM doesnā€™t start with the flap open, even in sport mode cold start or warm start
You could hear the difference in cold start when in sport compared to normal with the OEM system. You canā€™t with the Borla exhaust.

mucky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You could hear the difference in cold start when in sport compared to normal with the OEM system. You canā€™t with the Borla exhaust.
No you can't. Goldeneye is exactly right. Although I thought on a warm start the flap would open in sport mode. Anyway, it's not your exhaust
Sponsored