OP

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
So...just went on a 100 mile drive and I gotta say this exhaust sounds AWESOME!! ( not sure how the people around me few about though) No drone what so ever...

I love the burbling when off throttle (in sport mode) in the upper rpm range...
Just cruising you wouldn't know it's an aftermarket exhaust...

Still not happy with the tip alignment but I'll take it to a shop n see what they can do for it...

Steve
Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

Here's one of our local customers and their Borla exhaust! Sounds amazing, we'll be getting some more in stock shortly, place your pre-orders!

-Josh

OP
OP

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Finally got my tips aligned...just alittle adjusting was need...

I do have to say each time I drive the car the more in love with the Borla I am...the sound is pretty awesome...

I would really encourage anyone in the market for an exhaust to really consider the Borla atak...for the money I don't think you'll get a better sounding exhaust...it looses the shiney exhaust tips...and the fitment is pretty good(with a little patients)

I'd also like to thank Josh from Meraki Autoworks for hooking me up with the Borla atak...

Steve

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Finally got my tips aligned...just alittle adjusting was need...

I do have to say each time I drive the car the more in love with the Borla I am...the sound is pretty awesome...

I would really encourage anyone in the market for an exhaust to really consider the Borla atak...for the money I don't think you'll get a better sounding exhaust...it looses the shiney exhaust tips...and the fitment is pretty good(with a little patients)

I'd also like to thank Josh from Meraki Autoworks for hooking me up with the Borla atak...

Steve
This customer also had an issue with the tips, it does stick out a little more on the right side than the left.

Thanks, it sounds amazing in person, no wonder why you love it! lol

-Josh

SUPRA90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR SUPRA A91
Borla is a quality exhaust company that should not have tip alignment issues. I hope they’ve been notified and offer a fix. Until then I’ll hold off.

OP
OP

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@SUPRA91 ...
No tip alignment issues from the company...
Just have to be patient with aligning and fighting the clamps and hanger nuts...

I lived with the tips sitting to 1 side of the opening for a week...today I put the car on ramps and revisited the alignment...within 10 minutes my tips are perfect....

Unfortunately I think with any company there maybe a slight variation from factory...

Still going to say this exhaust sounds friggin great...well worth the $$ for the sound it makes?

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
I ordered this exhaust because it sounded great, but when I installed it I’m having a pretty big issue with it being angled, meaning that it isn’t square to the car, the whole unit is angled like 3° or so making the right tip stick out an inch and a half pass the other tip. I cannot figure any way to align this at all, I think I may have one bad from the factory. Anybody have any alignment tweaks they have done to remedy this?

OP
OP

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ordered this exhaust because it sounded great, but when I installed it I’m having a pretty big issue with it being angled, meaning that it isn’t square to the car, the whole unit is angled like 3° or so making the right tip stick out an inch and a half pass the other tip. I cannot figure any way to align this at all, I think I may have one bad from the factory. Anybody have any alignment tweaks they have done to remedy this?
I would loosen all hanger nuts/bolts and all exhaust clamps…
Starting at the tips start aligning and tightening nuts working from back of the car to the front..

my first time around 1 tip was sticking out more then the other as well..

its a little bit of a pain but be patient n take your time..
It will align perfectly…

Steve

Fedex1976

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra GR,
It's a pain in the ass. Have to loosen all the clamps and feel the gap between the floor and pipe. Try and get a uniform space from the floor the whole length. I don't find it overly loud. It's a very nice sound. No rasp

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
I’ve had two Borla systems on past cars with LS engines and loved them. Great sound, great quality.

I had similar alignment issues with my Magnaflow exhaust but just like in your case it just took a little extra time to adjust it to fix it. No modification necessary.