Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Putting it on now...
A few issues...
Can't get tips aligned very well
And the wiring to the valve is now to short to plug in....
Irritated at this point...

OP
OP

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Finally finished up the exhaust...
First I wanna say it sucks working up side down..

So a few that aren't great..
First.. one tip sticks out alittle further then the other..I tried adjusting them but adjustment is limited...it's only about a 1/4" but enough for me to notice..they're also not centered in the opening....

Second... the spring for the valve didn't fit as is...It needed to stretched and bend it to line up...

Now on to the sound...it sounds GREAT...nice deep tone...no rasp...no drone...
In comfort mode you can't hear it driving normally...get on it and it sings...

Now in sport mode it definitely is more aggressive...normal driving you can hear the exhaust in the cabin..it's not overly loud though...if you were playing music I'm sure the exhaust would be drowned out...
At WOT it is definitely loud...not obnoxiously loud(at least in the car..haha)...
The exhaust doesn't really pop... more of burble of throttle and down shifts...which I personally like..

Obviously it's only been installed for a few hours...only drove it a few miles ...I'm sure the sound will change a little after a few thousand miles...

Overall other then the tips not being center and 1 sticking out further I'm happy with it..
I wanted something a little louder at cruising and something that sounded like it meant business when I was I the gas...
That's exactly what this Borla atak
Gave me..
For sub 2k it is well worth it in my opinion...

Steve

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Glad you enjoy the exhaust, please send me pictures of the exhaust and some sound clips so I can share with the world! You're one of our first customers to actually get it installed. As far as fitment issues, reach out to Borla on Monday, their customer service is great and should give you some pointers on how to fix the tips and the wire. Maybe they had a batch bad and can send you proper ones. Or a simple solution.

-Josh

Jaysyn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2015 GTI, 2016 Forester XT
Finally finished up the exhaust...
First I wanna say it sucks working up side down..

So a few that aren't great..
First.. one tip sticks out alittle further then the other..I tried adjusting them but adjustment is limited...it's only about a 1/4" but enough for me to notice..they're also not centered in the opening....

Second... the spring for the valve didn't fit as is...It needed to stretched and bend it to line up...

Now on to the sound...it sounds GREAT...nice deep tone...no rasp...no drone...
In comfort mode you can't hear it driving normally...get on it and it sings...

Now in sport mode it definitely is more aggressive...normal driving you can hear the exhaust in the cabin..it's not overly loud though...if you were playing music I'm sure the exhaust would be drowned out...
At WOT it is definitely loud...not obnoxiously loud(at least in the car..haha)...
The exhaust doesn't really pop... more of burble of throttle and down shifts...which I personally like..

Obviously it's only been installed for a few hours...only drove it a few miles ...I'm sure the sound will change a little after a few thousand miles...

Overall other then the tips not being center and 1 sticking out further I'm happy with it..
I wanted something a little louder at cruising and something that sounded like it meant business when I was I the gas...
That's exactly what this Borla atak
Gave me..
For sub 2k it is well worth it in my opinion...

Steve
Just had mine installed and had the same issues with the tip alignment and the valve spring/clip.

Muffler shop had to trim the pipe on the valve side that goes into the muffler to get the tips to align properly. They also had fabricate a new piece to connect to valve motor to the valve.

It does sound amazing in sport and pretty quiet when the valve is closed.

No drone, great sound, good value and nice different CF tips.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Just had mine installed and had the same issues with the tip alignment and the valve spring/clip.

Muffler shop had to trim the pipe on the valve side that goes into the muffler to get the tips to align properly. They also had fabricate a new piece to connect to valve motor to the valve.

It does sound amazing in sport and pretty quiet when the valve is closed.

No drone, great sound, good value and nice different CF tips.
Did you get it installed @ Cypress Muffler?

-Josh

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Short sound clip. Catless downpipe

I did. Small world ?
I told him to send me pictures and videos, that liar lol.

-Josh

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Damn the file didn't upload.
Here's a link
Hot tamale, you think we can meet up one day to record some clips? I'm in Fullerton.

-Josh