Bumper/Hood Not Lining up

kawakibi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Noticed my passenger side bumper is not lining up correctly as compared with the driver side that looks ok. Its hard to notice in the pic but when you look down you can see the bumper is definitely in deeper than the hood. I feel like I can pull it out to line up but it doesn't stay.

The hood has an adjustment on the latch, but thats only up/down level. Anyone have this issue or a fix? The dealer wants to take it to a body shop and I said forget that. I'll just live with it. But thought I'd post issue to see if anyone has similar problem.
IMG_5677.jpg
Sponsored

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Open the hood back up...when you close it it has to drop straight down in order to catch both hood latches...

I did the same thing when the supra was new to me...

Steve

Larrys_Toys

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2004 Tacoma
Open the hood back up...when you close it it has to drop straight down in order to catch both hood latches...

Steve
Same thing happened to my Supra. Just open and close the hood again and it should lock both sides and be correctly lined up on both sides.

OP
OP
kawakibi

kawakibi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0

Steve
Nope. I know what you mean but itā€™s not a up/down hood issue or fix. The bumper is in too deep on that corner. I Can flex it out but no way itā€™s gonna stay there. I have opened and close hood many times. Not the fix. Iā€™m thinking a clip or something is not aligned correctly.

FCEBCB4B-782F-4626-9917-DCA301A9BE17.jpeg

11431D97-5AF5-4AD2-8978-D978EAF7BB68.jpeg

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Have you tried loosening any of the bolts that hold the bumper in place and then adjusting it?

OP
OP
kawakibi

kawakibi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Have you tried loosening any of the bolts that hold the bumper in place and then adjusting it?
Not yet. But Iā€™ll try next week When itā€™s on jacks. Getting all 4-wheels powder coated to remove the every other silver spoke.

Hopefully is can be adjusted. Just wanted to post in case anyone has actually fixed this.
ā€˜thanks.

OP
OP
kawakibi

kawakibi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
So I searched Youtube and found this bumper removal video. Looks like it does have 2 bolts to align. According to the 5:23 min mark of this video - I will try that. Itā€™s just 2-bolts under the rubber

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
If that was a true Japanese car that driver side is still not OK. Even my made in Japan Subaru's have cleaner parting lines.. panels are very parallel.

So you guys can guess why I bought black.. besides it being a nice color, it hides imperfections well. ?

OP
OP
kawakibi

kawakibi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
FIXED thanks to YouTube. How did I grow up without it ?

Just adjusted those 2 bolts.

OP
OP
kawakibi

kawakibi

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
If that was a true Japanese car that driver side is still not OK. Even my made in Japan Subaru's have cleaner parting lines.. panels are very parallel.

So you guys can guess why I bought black.. besides it being a nice color, it hides imperfections well. ?
ā€˜Whatcha talking bout, this cars German! ?

ry0de

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
FIXED thanks to YouTube. How did I grow up without it ?

Just adjusted those 2 bolts.
Sorry to reopen this thread, but did you loosen all 4 bolts (2 on each side), then readjusted it? Or did you complerely remove the bolts and screw it back in?
Sponsored