Ivan27

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
For the bumper cleaning, check this out: not the best video, but gives you alternatives
I use bounce sheets, learned this from RV owners. Dampen the sheet and rub out the bugs on front end of Supra. I couldn't believe it tell I tried it. Totally worked and easy.
Sponsored

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
I use bounce sheets, learned this from RV owners. Dampen the sheet and rub out the bugs on front end of Supra. I couldn't believe it tell I tried it. Totally worked and easy.
Be careful with drier sheets...they are abrasive..they'll put fine scratches in your clear coat...hard to see on white but they're there...

Just like magic eraser.. don't ever use on a painted surface...

Steve

OP
OP
Ivan27

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Be careful with drier sheets...they are abrasive..they'll put fine scratches in your clear coat...hard to see on white but they're there...

Just like magic eraser.. don't ever use on a painted

Just like magic eraser.. don't ever use on a painted surface...

Steve
I only use them on invisible bra on whole front end, and no hard rubbing. I'd never use them on direct paint.

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
Ok. A bit unorthodox, but take of your hood off and take the same route you did to get the bugs on in the first place, BUT and this is the important part, drive in reverse! Bam. Bugs gone.

Seriously, I would just try low pressure water first, then once completely dry hit it with some air. Or, and I don’t know if this is possible, but jack the car and shoot water from behind the radiator.

Bug guts suck

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Ok. A bit unorthodox, but take of your hood off and take the same route you did to get the bugs on in the first place, BUT and this is the important part, drive in reverse! Bam. Bugs gone.
3n70vr_1.jpg

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I use spent dryer sheets to spot polish my leather shoes at times, (when too lazy to pull out my shoe polish gear), but NEVER touch that on my car. That is basically as abrasive as magic eraser... as @freeform911 mentioned above.

OP
OP
Ivan27

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Seriously, I would just try low pressure water first, then once completely dry hit it with some air. Or, and I don’t know if this is possible, but jack the car and shoot water from behind the radiator.

Bug guts suck
From the bottom there's panels showing no access from bottom. Heck, the bottom is all flat panels for less drag. Kind on interesting that the radiator and outer oil coolers has a plastic grill on them to protect, but not the trans cooler. Anyway, I'm all finished and a little damage on a few fins for trans cooler, nothing major.

OP
OP
Ivan27

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Done doing complete detail, and it was alot of work for a old timer. But it does keep me going, and I enjoy doing it. A little tired and sore. Enjoyed a good cigar and relaxing.

20210916_103127.jpg

20210916_102913.jpg

20210916_094151.jpg

20180513_145208.jpg

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I get so tired after cleaning my cars I dread getting them dirty. I started using seat creepers a few years ago along with a magnetic work light I attach to the seat creepers to illuminate the lower areas of the car (work area). So convenient I have 3 seat creepers in my garage.

I don't smoke, but do enjoy soft drinks and some UCC ice latte after a job well done.

OP
OP
Ivan27

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I get so tired after cleaning my cars I dread getting them dirty. I started using seat creepers a few years ago along with a magnetic work light I attach to the seat creepers to illuminate the lower areas of the car (work area). So convenient I have 3 seat creepers in my garage.

I don't smoke, but do enjoy soft drinks and some UCC ice latte after a job well done.
Yeah, the seat creepers do help with the lower areas, especially with the wheels.
Sponsored