C7 GrandSport or Supra CF Edition.

jbretthorton

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Premium
Iā€™ve had both. Traded in the C7 for the Supra. Iā€™d do it again in a heartbeat.
Me too, traded a 6700 miles 2016 Z06 for my 2021 Supra, The Zo6 in stock form is HORRIBLE on the track (Overheats) what a turd unless you throw 10k plus at it to make it do what the "Brochure" says it will... I can't even get 2 full laps on a 75 degree day around Sebring without it going into reduced power mode... anywho... Awesome car for on ramps...

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
I will greatly miss the removable roof I will say.
... z4?

I was looking at z4 first actually but didn't want another convertible. But if you want an open car like the Supra, it exists.

I thought these guys did a good job comparing the two, if you don't mind subtitles. "Like twins but raised in different family" lol:

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Had a '18 C7...Yeah, it was quick but not nearly as nimble and fun to drive as my Supra is...It was also surprising to me that my Supra seems to get far more attention and compliments then my Vette did!

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I feel like the Supra is more of a project car that you can get more involved with. So many little aftermarket things to change and really make it unique to our own taste. I feel like I appreciate the journey of upgrading and building it just the way I want to. But that's just me. Your C7 is extremely nice but obviously since I own a Supra you already know my opinion on which one I would choose. Best of luck to you.

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
Why am I posting this in a Supra Forum?

Hoping to hear from MKV owners, granted I know I am silly if I don't expect biased results but thats ok.

IMG_2342.jpg
I have no experience with Corvettes but I love the look of the one you have. While I have the Phantom matte grey Supra, I'm also a sucker for white cars like that with blacked out trim and wheels. Looks really nice.

I do prioritize handling and reliability in my cars, however, and so far the Supra has really shined in those areas. I sometimes have feelings of buyers remorse, but those mostly have to do with the after-sale customer service of my local Toyota dealers and not the car itself. I've heard time and time again on this forum from former and current Corvette owners saying that the handling of the Supra is night and day better than the 'Vette, so if that's a priority for you then you may be happier with the Supra.

I have a '21, so I don't have the A91-CF, but while some others don't like the larger trim pieces I have to say I see them as a bold and attractive addition to the car.

Cheers!

Luckymike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 Z06, 17 VW Beetle Dune, 11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR, 15 RDX
I've had 5 vettes over the years and the last one I sold was an C6Z06 which I drove for 9 years. Never a huge Vette fan but it was the best bang for the buck as I'm not rich! Bought a 2020 Supra and couldn't wipe the smile off of my face.....great gas mileage, sounds great, I like a smaller car, love the driver aids, and is hugely fun to drive!!! Only other car I would consider is a 911.....

Willow1308

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have lots of fun vechicles...
In my neck of the woodsā€¦C7 Corvettes are a dime a dozenā€¦

Supraā€™s at least have a rarity factorā€¦I seldemly see them on the streetsā€¦

Actuallyā€¦ Lamborghinis and Ferrariā€™s are more common in Houston than Suprasā€¦

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
I feel that the Grand Sport is more of a street car with the Z06 widebody. The Z06 is quite wild. This is a hard choice in my opinion. But like others have said, if you're already looking at a Supra, you have given up on the C7 already. Test drive any B58 Supra to get a feel for it, the CF is just aesthetics. Or you can possibly wait a year or two for the GRMN (possibly) with a S58 motor.
Z06 is like playing tag with a gorilla that fights you for traction all day. Car will not hook up from low speed even on 335. Need to roll into power from higher speeds even on stock power.

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
In my neck of the woodsā€¦C7 Corvettes are a dime a dozenā€¦

Supraā€™s at least have a rarity factorā€¦I seldemly see them on the streetsā€¦

Actuallyā€¦ Lamborghinis and Ferrariā€™s are more common in Houston than Suprasā€¦
Very true they aren't as common as most people think.
Sponsored